A trio of Top 15 matchups are on the docket in the Big Ten this week, while the Pac-12 boasts a pair of Top 25 matches. Can Minnesota stay on top of the Big Ten? Will Stanford continue its dominant home win streak? We’ll find out!
Live streaming and stat links are available here, on the VolleyMob TV schedule.
Illinois (No. 7 VolleyMob/No. 7 AVCA) at Minnesota (No. 3 VolleyMob/No. 3 AVCA)
Friday, Oct. 12 at 8 p.m. ET
Maturi Pavilion | Minneapolis, Minn.
- 3rd-ranked Minnesota is alone atop the Big Ten standings with a 6-0 mark after handing Nebraska (5-1) a home loss 3-1 last Saturday. The Golden Gophers do not see a schedule let up, as they host 7th-ranked Illinois this Friday.
- The Fighting Illini are perfect this season in true road matches (6-0). The only losses on the season for Illinois came against Nebraska and Wisconsin.
- It is a traditionally tight series, which dates back to 1976. Illinois leads the all-time series 39-37-1. Friday is the only meeting of the 2018 regular season scheduled for the programs.
Nebraska (No. 4 VolleyMob/No. 5 AVCA) at Penn State (No. 11 VolleyMob/No. 9 AVCA)
Saturday, Oct. 13 at 8 p.m. ET
Rec Hall | University Park, Pa.
- Since falling on the road to Minnesota and Ohio State, 11th-ranked Penn State has registered 4 consecutive sweeps to get back on track in Big Ten play.
- The Nittany Lions, who are perfect at home with a 7-0 mark and tied for 3rd in the Big Ten at 4-2, will welcome their biggest challenge of the season when 4th-ranked Nebraska comes to town.
- The Huskers, who have yet to lose a true road contest this year, are 2nd in conference standings at 5-1. Nebraska’s lone Big Ten loss came to Minnesota last weekend.
- The all-time series, which Nebraska leads 20-10 overall, is even at 3-3 in Happy Valley. Saturday marks the 1st of 2 regular season meetings between the teams.
Illinois (No. 7 VolleyMob/No. 7 AVCA) at Wisconsin (No. 5 VolleyMob/No. 8 AVCA)
Saturday, Oct. 13 at 8 p.m. ET
UW Field House | Madison, Wis.
- Both at 4-2 in league standings, the Saturday matchup between 7th-ranked Illinois and 5th-ranked Wisconsin are key in the Big Ten race.
- The Badgers, who are perfect at home at 4-0, are looking to rebound following a loss in 5 sets at Iowa.
- It is the 2nd Top 15 test in as many days for the Fighting Illini, who will challenge 3rd-ranked Minnesota Friday.
Washington (No. 16 VolleyMob/No. 18 AVCA) at Stanford (No. 2 VolleyMob/No. 2 AVCA)
Saturday, Oct. 13 at 10:30 p.m. ET
Maples Pavilion | Stanford, Calif.
- 16th-ranked Washington will look to put a stop to 2nd-ranked Stanford’s nation-leading 25 home win streak on Saturday.
- The Huskies are tied for 2nd in a competitive Pac-12 league behind the Cardinal (6-0).
- Stanford stands at 14-1 on the season, its lone loss coming to top-ranked BYU, is riding a 12-match win streak.
Arizona (No. 22 VolleyMob/No. 23 AVCA) at UCLA (No. 23 VolleyMob/No. 20 AVCA)
Friday, Oct. 12 at 10 p.m. ET
Pauley Pavilion | Los Angeles, Calif.
- 22nd-ranked Arizona and 23rd-ranked UCLA are each tied for 7th in the Pac-12 with 3-3 records. Friday’s matchup will be important in the conference race.
- After knocking off Oregon (3-2) and Oregon State (3-0), the Wildcats fell to Washington in straight sets and to Washington State in 5 sets last week.
- UCLA has been up and down all season long, compiling an 8-5 record. The Bruins have had more regular success at home (3-1).