TEXAS WOMAN’S UNIVERSITY
GRADUATE ASSISTANT for VOLLEYBALL for 2018-19
Position: Graduate Assistant in Athletics to assist with the coaching of the TWU Volleyball team, as assigned by the head coach.
Eligibility: This position may be filled by a graduate student seeking a master’s or a doctoral degree. To receive a graduate assistantship, a student must be admitted to the TWU Graduate School and be accepted into a University graduate program of her/his choice. The graduate student must be in good academic standing at TWU to hold a graduate assistantship.
Conditions of Employment: Graduate assistantships are nine-month appointments from September through May. The graduate assistant stipend is approximately $9,684 ($1,076 per month) for a master’s candidate and $11,808 ($1,312 per month) for a doctoral candidate. In-state tuition must be paid, but the additional cost for an out-of-state student may be waived provided the candidate meets the appropriate academic standards. The Director of Athletics has the option of hiring the GA for a tenth month (August) at the same monthly pay rate as their nine-month appointment.
- Assist the head coach and assistant coach in the continuing development and maintenance of a nationally competitive women’s volleyball program.
- Perform responsible program building including planning, coaching, and recruiting.
- Perform other duties as deemed necessary by the head coach.
- Recruitment of academically and athletically qualified student-athletes.
- Monitor study hall and academic progress.
- Coordinate game and practice filming.
- Assist with various community service projects.
- Successfully complete all required NCAA Online Coaches Education Courses.
- Other assigned administrative duties.
- Commit to and be responsible for adhering to all rules and regulations set forth for the team, the University, the NCAA and the Lone Star Conference with the utmost integrity.
- Work cooperatively with personnel in the athletics department, attend department meetings and activities, and always represent the University positively when interacting with the community, alumni, club coaches, media and general public.
- Implement Athletics’ strategic plan as part of the Division of Student Life’s strategic plan.
The University: Texas Woman’s University is a comprehensive state university offering bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degree programs to more than 15,000 students. The institution is a major multi-purpose university with more than 1,200 faculty and staff members serving our campuses located in Denton, Dallas and Houston. TWU is a member of the NCAA Division II and sponsors five sports. The Pioneers compete in the Lone Star Conference in basketball, soccer, softball, and volleyball, and as an independent in gymnastics.
How to Apply
Application Procedures: Complete the graduate assistant application form located on the TWU Graduate School webpage at www.twu.edu/gradschool/graduate-assistants.asp and submit this application along with a resume to Jeff Huebner, Head Volleyball Coach, Texas Woman’s University, P. O. Box 425349, Denton, TX 76204-5349, fax (940) 898-2372, or e-mail [email protected].