THE AUTOMATIC BIDS:
Big West: #1 Long Beach State (19-0, 4-0)
- The 49ers had an off week but continue their quest to the tournament and a Big West title as the current leader.
Conference Carolinas: (RV) Barton (17-6, 13-0)
- Two more league victories and three overall keep the Bulldogs a match ahead of King for the league lead, as they wrap up this automatic bid for the week being.
EIVA: #16 George Mason (12-10, 8-0)
- George Mason has been a different animal in EIVA play and kept things rolling in getting back to league action this week with a pair of wins. That keeps them two matches ahead of Penn State and Harvard for the top spot.
MIVA: #5 Loyola Chicago (19-4, 9-1)
- Loyola Chicago got revenge on Ball State and also took out Fort Wayne as now the only other contender they need to pick off once again is Ohio State – who they match up with this week.
MPSF: #2 BYU (18-4, 8-0)
- BYU had an off week, but remains in first of the MPSF as they hold a two-match plus lead for the regular season crown on everyone else in the conference.
#3 UCLA Bruins (19-5, 7-2 MPSF)
- UCLA also had an off week, but they remain ranked highly in the VolleyMob and RPI rankings as they’ve posted a lengthy resume with wins over plenty of top tier and middle-ranked opponents.
#4 UC Irvine Anteaters (17-5, 3-1 Big West)
- A one-win week for UC Irvine with Pepperdine on a bye week reaffirms their spot as the second at-large bid in both the VolleyMob and RPI rankings.
SEEDING THE BRACKET:
- (1) LBSU
- (2) BYU
- (3) UCLA
- (4) UC Irvine
- (5) Loyola Chicago
- (6) George Mason
- (7) Barton