THE AUTOMATIC BIDS:
Big West: #1 Long Beach State (16-0, 2-0)
- The 49ers move back into this spot after not earning it with one less match under their belt than UCSB last week.
Conference Carolinas: (RV) Barton (12-6, 8-0)
- Barton didn’t add to their conference lead, but did tack onto the overall resume with a pair of wins for the week out of league play.
EIVA: #14 George Mason (10-7, 6-0)
- George Mason won both of its matches and saw Penn State fall again, giving them a two-match lead for first in the EIVA.
MIVA: #4 Loyola Chicago (15-3, 6-1)
- The Ramblers earned three solid wins, but the one that counted most was against Lewis. They swept the Flyers as they now sit ahead of both Lewis and Ohio State in the MIVA.
MPSF: #5 BYU (14-4, 7-0)
- BYU strengthened its MPSF lead with wins over Pepperdine and UCLA, and now sit a match ahead of both. The two play each other next week too, so the Cougars lead will grow to three on at least one of the pair.
#2 Hawaii (11-2, 1-1 Big West)
- Hawaii is the highest ranked non-automatic bid, making them the first at-large selection.
#3 UC Irvine (11-4, 1-1 Big West)
- UC Irvine’s closest competition for this spot would be Pepperdine, but the Anteaters have an overall stronger resume for now.
SEEDING THE BRACKET:
- (1) LBSU
- (2) Hawaii
- (3) UC Irvine
- (4) Loyola Chicago
- (5) BYU
- (6) George Mason
- (7) Barton