USA Volleyball has announced their 12-player roster for the U.S. Women’s Collegiate National Team European Tour that will compete and train in Europe from July 4-15. The athletes were selected at the U.S. Women’s National Team Open Tryout that was held from March 2-4 at the Olympic Training Center. A total of 234 athletes from 89 colleges tried out for a spot on the team.
The team will arrive in Venice, Italy, on July 5 where they will train and play in friendly matches that are set to be announced. From there, the team will travel to Pula, Croatia, where they will take part in the Global Challenge from July 10-13.
Four players on the European Team have been named to previous U.S. Collegiate National Teams in the past. Amanda Green is making her third appearance on one of the squads after being with the 2016 CNT-Indianapolis and 2017 CNT-Minneapolis teams. Taylor Mims has now been selected to her second European Tour while Audrianna Fitzmorris was on the 2016 CNT-China Tour. Lastly, Kirstie Hillyer was a member of the 2017 CNT-Minneapolis squad.
Three players on the squad have more international experience as Fitzmorris was a member of the 2015 U.S. Women’s Junior National Team roster that competed at the FIVB Women’s U20 World Championship. Leah Edmond competed in the same competition but in 2017. Mac May another on the list that competed internationally as she helped Team USA win gold at the 2017 Women’s U20 Pan American Cup.
Left to be announced are the participants for the CNT-Detroit roster, who will be chosen in the coming week while the CNT-China Tour team was released last week.
Name (Position, School, Height, College Eligibility Remaining, Hometown, Youth Club)
- Alexis Dirige (L, Washington State University, 5-2, 2, San Francisco, California, Vision Volleyball Club)
- Leah Edmond (OH, University of Kentucky, 6-2, 2, Lexington, Kentucky, Lexington United)
- Audriana Fitzmorris (OPP, Stanford University, 6-6, 1, Overland Park, Kansas, MAVS)
- Amanda Green (OH, University of Louisville, 6-1, 2, Skokie, Illinois, Wildcat Juniors Volleyball Club)
- Danielle Hart (M, University of Wisconsin, 6-4, 4, Virginia Beach, Virginia, Coastal Virginia VBC)
- Kirstie Hillyer (M, Colorado State University, 6-6, 2, Bayfield, Colorado, Four Corners)
- MacKenzie May (OH, UCLA, 6-3, 3, Dubuque, Iowa, Iowa Juniors)
- Taylor Mims (OPP, Washington State University, 6-3, 1, Billings, Montana, Montana Juniors)
- Berkeley Oblad (M, University of Utah, 6-4, 1, Henderson, Nevada, Vegas Encore)
- Katie Oleksak (S, Colorado State University, 5-10, 2, Phoenix, Arizona, Arizona Storm)
- August Raskie (S, Oregon, 6-0, 1, Colorado Springs, Colorado, Front Range Volleyball Club)
- Avery Skinner (OH, University of Kentucky, 6-1, 3, Katy, Texas, Houston Skyline Volleyball Club)
Head Coach: Dani Busboom Kelly (head coach, University of Louisville)
Assistant Coach: Branden Higa (head coach, California Baptist University)
Assistant Coach: Marie Zidek (head coach, DePaul University)
Athletic Trainer: Megan Smith (Illinois State University)
Team Leader: Tim Kelly