SMM 2017 Asian Men’s Club Volleyball Championship
- June 28 to July 6
- Ninh Binh, Vietnam
- Event Site
The 2017 Asian Men’s Club Volleyball Championships are set to begin in Vietnam to determine the team that will move on to the Club World Championships in December.
There are 13 teams that will vie for the spot in the Club World Championships. Last year’s champions, Bank Sarmayeh of Iran will look to defend their 2016 title and move on. They have been placed into Pool B, where they will have just one opponent for the preliminary rounds in Taichung Commercial Bank out of Chinese Taipei. The top two teams from each pool will move on to the final eight of the tournament, while the third and fourth place finishers will play for the 9-13 position.
There are four pools of play in the competition, with the opening round pools being:
- Vietnam Sports Club – Vietnam (host)
- Al-Bahri Sport Club – Iraq
- Sri Lanka Ports Authority – Sri Lanka
- Bank Sarmayeh – Iran
- Taichung Commercial Bank – Chinese Taipei
- Al Arabi Sports Club – Qatar
- Altay VC – Kazakhstan
- Yan Chai – Hong Kong
- Canberra Heat – Australia
- Toyoda Gosei Trefuerza – Japan
- Air Force – Thailand
- Beijing Baic Motor – China
- Maldivian Sports & Recreation Club – Maldives
Day one of the competition begins on June 28 with the first day of pool play. The first day of play will see five matches across all pools except Pool B who won’t begin play until June 29.