The top matchup in Big West Conference play, 3 Top 25 matchups featuring Big Ten Conference programs and a pivotal Pac-12 matchup are on the docket for NCAA Division I volleyball fans this week. Should be a fun one!
Live streaming and stat links are available here, on the VolleyMob TV schedule.
Nebraska (No. 3 VolleyMob/No. 3 AVCA) at Minnesota (No. 4 VolleyMob/No. 5 AVCA)
Saturday, Oct. 6 at 8 p.m. ET
Devaney Center | Lincoln, Neb.
- There are two teams undefeated in Big Ten action (4-0) and volleyball fans will get to see them face off on Saturday night, when 3rd-ranked Nebraska hosts 4th-ranked Minnesota.
- The Huskers, who are 13-1 on the season, bring a 13-match win streak into the matchup. Nebraska most recently halted then-undefeated Illinois in 4 sets, Northwester in 3, Michigan State in 4 and Michigan in 4.
- The Golden Gophers have yet to drop a set in Big Ten play, registering sweeps of Penn State, Maryland, Wisconsin and Indiana. Minnesota has not lost since Sept. 9 (3-1 to Stanford) and owns a 5-match win streak.
Wisconsin (No. 5 VolleyMob/No. 6 AVCA) at Illinois (No. 7 VolleyMob/No. 7 AVCA)
Wednesday, Oct. 3 at 9 p.m. ET
Huff Hall | Champaign, Ill.
- The Big Ten presents another Top 10 matchup midweek as 5th-ranked Wisconsin makes the trip to Champaign, Ill., to face 7th-ranked Illinois.
- Both teams are 3-1 in conference play so far, tied at 3rd with one another.
- The Badgers’ lone conference loss came on the road at Minnesota, which is ranked 4th in this week’s VolleyMob power rankings.
- The Fighting Illini’s only loss of the season was to Nebraska, which is ranked 3rd this week.
Purdue (No. 23 VolleyMob/No. 14 Purdue) at Michigan (No. 17 VolleyMob/No. 16 AVCA)
Friday, Oct. 5 at 9 p.m. ET
Cliff Keen Arena | Ann Arbor, Mich.
- The Boilermakers and Wolverines are both in the middle of the competitive Big Ten pack with 2-2 marks.
- 17th-ranked Michigan plays well at home, earning a 9-1 mark so far this year. The Wolverines have only fallen to Top 10 programs in league play (Nebraska, Penn State).
- 23rd-ranked Purdue, which has only played 2 road matches so far this season, has only lost to Top 10 opponents as well in the conference season (Illinois, Wisconsin).
Oregon (No. 19 VolleyMob/No. 20 AVCA) at UCLA (No. 21 VolleyMob/No. 17 AVCA)
Friday, Oct. 5 at 10 p.m. ET
Pauley Pavilion | Los Angeles, Calif.
- Friday is a pivotal match in Pac-12 competition for both 19th-ranked Oregon and 21st-ranked UCLA, as both are tied at 6th in conference standings.
- After a 2-0 start to league play the Ducks had uncharacteristic losses to Arizona (3-2) and Arizona State (3-0) last week. They look to recover with a victory over the Bruins on the road.
- UCLA also stands at 2-2 in Pac-12 standings with wins over Utah (3-1) and California (3-2) and losses to USC (3-0) and Stanford (3-0).
Hawaii (NR VolleyMob/NR AVCA) at Cal Poly (No. 13 VolleyMob/No. 13 AVCA)
Saturday, Oct. 6 at 10 p.m. ET
Mott Athletics Center | San Luis Obispo, Calif.
- This is a major meeting in Big West Conference play, as Hawaii makes the trip to face 13th-ranked Cal Poly in San Louis Obispo, Calif., on Saturday.
- Cal Poly owns a 5-0 mark in Big West action and has won 22-straight conference matches dating back to 2016. The Mustangs have also won 16 consecutive home matches, so the Rainbow Wahine have their work cut out for them.
- Hawaii is also undefeated in league play with a 4-0 record. The Rainbow Wahine have swept all but one conference opponent this season (UC-Irvine; W, 3-2).