Volleyball player Morgan Hasty of Johnson C. Smith University in Charlotte, North Carolina has been named a Top 30 semi-finalist for the NCAA Woman of the Year award.
Hasty played volleyball for the Golden Bulls in both the 2014 and 2015 NCAA seasons. She was listed as a “utility” player and in 77 sets played, she recorded 6 kills, 13 assists, 100 digs, 8 aces, and a block.
After her junior season in 2015, Hasty turned her focus to softball, where she played 3 seasons for the team. In 2017, she started 27 games at 3rd base for the team, hitting .426 with 4 home runs and 22 RBI. In that senior season, her most productive for the softball team, she led the team in batting average, runs scored, hits, doubles, home runs, walks, and on base percentage.
Hasty graduated from Johnson C. Smith with a 3.95 GPA in sports management.
The Top 30 is made up of 10 athletes from each of the NCAA’s 3 divisions. The top 9 will be announced on September 26th, and that group will be honored at a ceremony later this year in Indianapolis.
Established in 1991 and now in its 27th year, the NCAA Woman of the Year award honors graduating female college athletes who have exhausted their eligibility and distinguished themselves in academics, athletics, service and leadership throughout their collegiate careers.
To read bios on all 30 honorees, click here.
2017 NCAA Woman of the Year Top 30 Honorees
- Sabrina Anderson, Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania
- Serena Barr, Liberty University
- Kaitlyn Brunworth, Wingate University
- Clare Carlson, Grand Valley State University
- Jennifer Carmichael, University of Oklahoma
- Caroline Conboy, Hobart and William Smith Colleges
- Eliana Crawford, Kenyon College
- Lizzy Crist, Washington University in St. Louis
- Alyssa Domico, Dominican University (Illinois)
- Laura Rose Donegan, University of New Hampshire
- Brooke Donnelly, Washington and Lee University
- Christina Gibbons, Duke University
- Maryann Gong, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Chardae Greenlee, University of Memphis
- Morgan Hasty, Johnson C. Smith University
- Olivia Hompe, Princeton University
- Nicole Hoynaski, Hawaii Pacific University
- Jessica January, DePaul University
- Jamie Johnson, Lewis University
- Allison Kosobud, College of Saint Benedict
- Katie Krick, Nebraska Wesleyan University
- Juliana Madzia, University of Cincinnati
- Kaina Martinez, Texas A&M University-Kingsville
- Christina Melian, Stony Brook University
- Jelena Momirov, Barry University
- Natalie O’Keefe, Southwest Baptist University
- Jayme Perez, East Texas Baptist University
- Maddie Pronovost, Middlebury College
- Cashlee Rayas, Dallas Baptist University
- Chantal Van Landeghem, University of Georgia