THE AUTOMATIC BIDS:
Big West: #1 Long Beach State (19-0, 4-0)
- The 49ers downed UCSB twice last week, as they are not only the lone undefeated team in the nation, but also the Big West, allowing them to easily slide into this role.
Conference Carolinas: (RV) Barton (14-6, 11-0)
- Barton tacked on two more victories to its undefeated league record, as they maintained a one-match lead on King for the top Conference Carolinas spot.
EIVA: #16 George Mason (10-10, 6-0)
- George Mason fell at UC Irvine this week, but still are 6-0 in EIVA play where they will look to get back to strong play and role to an automatic bid.
MIVA: #6 Loyola Chicago (17-4, 7-1)
- Loyola Chicago swept Lewis for the second time – this time fending off a wealth of chaos in which four teams would have had two losses atop the standings had the Flyers won.
MPSF: #2 BYU (18-4, 8-0)
- BYU added another tally to its MPSF record as they are encroaching on the regular season crown with still a two match lead on UCLA and even more on everyone else.
#3 UCLA Bruins (19-5, 7-2 MPSF)
- While Hawaii – who was in third – lost, UCLA took care of business in two matches to slide up the ladder on the at-large totem poll with one of the deepest and strongest resumes in the country. They also rank second in the RPI, making them an easy choice.
#4 UC Irvine Anteaters (16-5, 3-1 Big West)
- The Anteaters slide back into this spot with Hawaii’s failures, as they look to challenge Long Beach for the Big West but at the very least garner an at-large bid. Until then though, they are the highest ranked team in the VolleyMob Top 20 and RPI to not be in the conference lead besides UCLA.
SEEDING THE BRACKET:
- (1) LBSU
- (2) BYU
- (3) UCLA
- (4) UC Irvine
- (5) Loyola Chicago
- (6) George Mason
- (7) Barton