Courtesy: America East Conference
BOSTON – Stony Brook sits atop the standings at 9-0 with two weeks left in the regular season, while becoming the first #AEVB team to clinch an #AEVB Tournament. The Seawolves and Great Danes had a perfect 2-0 week in conference play. UAlbany follows in second place at 7-1, New Hampshire follows in third with a record of 6-3.
The top four teams will quality for the 2018 #AEVB Championship with the No. 1 seed serving as the host.
#AEVB Results – Friday, Oct. 26
New Hampshire 1, Stony Brook 3
UAlbany 3, UMBC 1
UMass Lowell 1, Hartford 3
#AEVB Results – Sunday, Oct. 28
New Hampshire 3, Hartford 0
UAlbany 3, Binghamton 2
UMass Lowell 0, Stony Brook 3
#AEVB Schedule – Friday/Sunday, Nov. 2/4
Friday: Binghamton at New Hampshire, 7:00 p.m. (AE.TV)
Friday: UMBC at UMass Lowell, 7 p.m. (AE.TV)
Friday: Hartford at UAlbany, 7 p.m. (AE.TV)
Saturday: UMBC at New Hampshire, 1 p.m.
Saturday: Binghamton at UMass Lowell, 1 p.m. (ESPN3)
Saturday: Stony Brook at UAlbany, 2 p.m. (AE.TV)
The majority of #AEVB conference games will appear AmericaEast.TV, the place to watch free live content on any device, including the network’s Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Fire and Android TV OTT channels. Nine contests will air on ESPN3 and ESPN+, home to over 55 America East school-produced events this fall. Full #AEVB Schedule/Results
Here are the conference’s weekly award winners of 2018:
#AEVB Weekly Awards:
Player: Kennedi Smith, @UNHVOLLEYBALL
Setter: Emma Patlovich, @UNHVOLLEYBALL
Defensive Specialist: Emily Tanski, @UNHVOLLEYBALL
Rookie: Paige Krenik, @umbcvolleyball pic.twitter.com/Cf4yhIZsXZ
— America East Digital (@AEDigitalNet) October 30, 2018
Player of the Week
Kennedi Smith, New Hampshire –Jr., OH, The Woodlands, TX
- Tallied 35 kills averaging a league-best 5.00 kills per set on a .380 hitting percentage.
- Added 27 digs and 2 blocks.
- Recorded a match-high 19 kills and a personal-best 20 digs against Stony Brook.
- This is Smith’s fourth career #AEVB Player of the Week award.
Setter of the Week
Emma Patlovich, New Hampshire – Soph., Setter, Lake Forest, IL
- Averaged a league-best 13.4 assists per set.
- Also added 19 digs, 3 blocks and 3 service aces.
- Recorded her 10th 40+ assist effort of the season with 43 in UNH’s straight-set win at Hartford.
- This is Patlovich’s first career #AEVB Setter of the Week award.
Defensive Specialist of the Week
Emily Tanski, New Hampshire – Jr., DS, Plymouth, MI
- Averaged a league-best 7.29 digs per set while matching her career-high with 35 digs at Stony Brook.
- Helped limit the Seawolves, who entered the match with a .239 hitting percentage, to a .179 clip.
- This is Tanski’s fifth #AEVB Defensive Specialist of the Week honor.
Rookie of the Week
Paige Krenik, UMBC – Fr., OH., Foothill Ranch, CA.
- Recorded 16 kills against UAlbany, which tied for the match-high.
- Also added 8 digs and 2 blocks.
- This is Krenik’s fourth #AEVB Rookie of the Week award of her career.
Krenik Earns Third Straight Rookie of the Week Honor; @umbcvolleyball Closes Road Schedule in New England This Weekend #RetrieverNation https://t.co/NcIAA4LN4a pic.twitter.com/4E8jcY5VJq
— Spooky UMBooC Athletics (@UMBCAthletics) October 30, 2018