2019 EUROPEAN CHAMPIONSHIP FINAL QUALIFYING TOURNAMENT – WOMEN
- August 15th, 2018-January 9th, 2019
- Home-and-home, double round robin
- Schedule & Standings
- Bookmark the VolleyMob Qualification Tournament landing page to keep up with the tournament
- Leg 1 – Leg 2-1 – Leg 2-2 – Leg 3 – Leg 4-1
There were no teams that secured qualification on Sunday for the 2019 CEV European Championships, though a few teams put themselves in 2nd place when qualification resumes in January. Israel, Switzerland and Romania didn’t waste any time in their matches and ran to victory in a convincing manner. Romania top the charts now in Pool F, but are far from certain they will qualify. Spain beat Bosnia and Herzegovina in four sets, making sure they will resume qualifying in January from second spot of Pool F, just behind Romania.
- Iceland vs. Israel 0-3 (11-25, 12-25, 18-25) – Pool A
- Albania vs. Switzerland 0-3 (19-25, 22-25, 10-25) – Pool B
- Latvia vs. Romania 0-3 (13-25, 13-25, 15-25) – Pool F
- Bosnia and Herzegovina vs. Spain 1-3 (19-25, 15-25, 25-23, 21-25) – Pool F
Notable Stats of the Day
- Laura Kuenzler was the best player of the match with 21 points scored today for Switzerland
- Anna Velikiy was the top scorer for Israel with 15 points.
- Spain’s Helia Gonzalez was her team’s top scorer with 20 points, including five aces and two blocks.
Quote of the Day
Timothy Lippuner, head coach of Switzerland:
“It was not an easy victory, even in the first two sets there was rivalry on the court and the match was great. We could claim the victory, as this was our goal and we are happy for the three points we get today. Now we wait for January for the other two matches in the group, to reach our goal of qualifying.”