2018 CEV CHAMPIONS LEAGUE – MEN
- October 4, 2017 – May 13, 2018
- CEV Champions Cup
- Third Round
- Event Page
The third round home matches have concluded on the men’s side of the competition, with the second round of matches set to begin on December 11, 2017. Six teams posted away wins in the first of two rounds to round three of the competition, which is a trend that was seen on the women’s side as well.
Last year’s winners, Sir Safety Conad Perugia had to battle to win their match, after losing the first set but rallied back for the win in four sets. For Store Levoranta Sastamala posted their best match of the season so far in a sweep over Jihostroj Ceske Budejovice and are now just two sets away from what would be a historic qualification to the pool stage of Europe’s elite club competition.
Home Match Scores
- Lokomotiv Novosibirsk def. ACH Volley Ljubljana 3-0, (28-26, 25-22, 25-19)
Lokomotiv had the top-four scorers in the three-set sweep, starting with Gyorgy Grozer with 18 points. Aleksey Rodichev added another 12 points, Iliyas Kurkaev and Mikhail Shcherbakov each posted 11 points.
- Sir Safety Conad Perugia def. Shakhtior Soligorsk 3-1, (23-25, 25-20, 25-17, 25-16)
Sir Safety got off to a slow start in the team’s four-set win, losing the first set but recovering quickly to take the next three. Marko Podrascanin posted a match-best 17 points while Ivan Zaytsev added another 16 along with Aleksandar Atanasijevic‘s 15 points.
- Fenerbahce SK Istanbul def. Posojilnica ACH/DOB 3-0, (25-17, 25-22, 25-22)
Fenerbahce made easy work of their competitors with a three-set sweep with Metin Toy posting 16 points in the win. Guillaume Quesque and Alen Sket each added another 12 points in the win.
- Jastrzebski Wegiel def. Omonia Nicosia 3-0, (28-26, 25-13, 25-16)
Maciej Muzaj posted a match-best 14 points in the win while Salvador Hidalgo Oliva recorded another 10 in the win.
- Vojvodina NS Seme NOVI SAD def. Spacer’s Toulouse VB 3-0, (25-22, 25-23, 25-21)
David Mehic and Bozidar Vucicevic each led Vojvodina in their three-set win over Spacer’s with 12 points, though they were not the top-scorers in the win, as Bruno Temponi Araujo posted 12 points in the loss.
- Noliko Maaseik def. Abiant Groningen 3-1, (25-19, 22-25, 25-17, 25-22)
Jolan Cox was Noliko’s top-scorer in the win with 21 points while Nicolas Bruno and Dane Mijatovic contributed another 12 and 11 points, respectively. Stijn Van Schie was the matches leading scorer with 24 points in Abiant’s loss.
- VfB Friedrichshafen def. Neftohimic 2010 Burgas 3-1, (25-19, 25-19, 26-28, 25-18)
Daniel Malescha posted 17 points in the win over Burgas, while David Sossenheimer and Athanasios Protopsaltis each contributed 14 points.
- Ford Store Levoranta Sastamala def. Jihostroj Ceske Budejovice 3-0, (25-20, 25-22, 25-15)
Erik Sundberg was the leading scorer for Ford Store as he put down 16 points in the win along with Urpo Sivula and Markus Kaurto added another 12 and 11 points, respectively.