Courtesy: Pac-12 Conference
Offensive Player of the Week
Kathryn Plummer, JR, STAN (Aliso Viejo, Calif.)
4.43 KPS, 5.5 PPS, .303 Pct.
• Helped Stanford win its fourth-straight match over top-five opponents with back-to-back wins over No. 3 Texas last week (3-0 and 3-1), averaging 4.43 kills, 2.86 digs and 5.50 points per set while hitting .303.
• Notched a match-high 13 kills and season-highs in digs (10), aces (3) and assists (3) in the 3-0 sweep over the Longhorns at home on Tuesday.
• In Friday’s 3-1 victory, led all players with 18 kills and 10 digs for a third-straight double-double, adding four blocks and two aces.
• This marks her second-straight weekly offensive honor and the eighth of her career. It is the 108th all-time weekly honor for the Cardinal.
Defensive Player of the Week
Morgan Hentz, JR, STAN (Lakeside Park, Ky.)
38 Digs, 5.43 DPS, 3 ASST
• Led the Stanford defense with 5.43 digs per set and had just one reception error in a pair of wins over No. 3 Texas last week.
• Tallied 11 digs in the 3-0 sweep at home on Tuesday, moving her into Stanford’s top-10 for career digs at 1,238.
• In the 3-1 victory over the Longhorns on Friday, recorded a season-high 27 digs in four sets.
• It marks her second-straight weekly defensive honor and the third of her career. It is the 109th all-time weekly honor for the Cardinal.
🔙2️⃣🔙 for @plummdawgg & @HentzMorgan.
🗞️ » https://t.co/DW9ysBJcDO#GoStanford pic.twitter.com/ByhOtL7p1J
— Stanford Women's Volleyball (@StanfordWVB) September 17, 2018
Freshman of the Week
Maddie Sheehan, FR, OSU (Leander, Texas)
9.58 APS, 0.92 BPS, 2 SA
• Directed the Beavers’ offense to a 3-0 weekend, including a 3-2 upset win over No. 23 San Diego, a 3-0 win over UTEP, and a 3-1 victory over San Diego State.
• Tied a career-high with 44 assists and collected career-bests in kills (6) and blocks (5) in the upset win over San Diego.
• Posted her third-career double-double with 44 assists and 12 digs against USD.
• This is her first-career weekly honor and the 12th all-time freshman of the week nod for the Beavers.
Congrats to Maddie Sheehan! She's been named as the Pac-12 Freshman of the Week! https://t.co/TmywtYI8v3 #GoBeavs pic.twitter.com/HPD3OtB1i1
— Oregon State Volleyball (@BeaverVBall) September 17, 2018
Offensive: Paige Whipple, ARIZ; Megan Beedie, ASU; Alexa Smith, COLO; August Raskie, ORE; Amy Underdown, OSU; Mac May, UCLA; Khalia Lanier, USC; Lauren Sproule, UTAH; Destiny Julye, WASH; Taylor Mims, WSU.
Defensive: Devyn Cross, ARIZ; Courtney Leffel, ASU; Naghede Abu, COLO; Ronika Stone, ORE; Maddy Gravley, OSU; Madeleine Gates, UCLA; Victoria Garrick, USC; Shayne McPherson, WASH; Claire Martin, WSU.
Freshman: Jenna Ewert, COLO; Brooke Nuneviller, ORE; Holly Campbell, STAN; Devon Chang, UCLA, Raquel Lazaro, USC; Ella May Powell, WASH.