Not much has changed in the USports Men’s volleyball rankings from the first week of play to the second. Trinity Western sits atop the rankings after a 4-0 start to the season while Ryerson comes in at #2. The only change comes with UBC making an appearance in the top-10 at #10 with a 4-0 start to the year, taking over Laval’s spot.
Trinity Western def. Brandon 3-1
In a top-10 match-up for the week, Trinity Western took down Brandon in a four-set battle. Eric Loeppky led the way with 26 kills on a .469 hitting clip with three aces, six digs and two blocks.
UBC def. Calgary 3-1
UBC had three players with double-digit kills in a four-set win over Calgary, that helped propel them into the top-10 this week. Irvan Brar led the way with 15 kills on a .407 hitting performance while Mat Guidi and Coltyn Liu each added another 10 kills.
- Lars Bornemann (UBC Okanagan) – 108 kills
- Alex Bader (Calgary) – 107 kills
- Taryq Sani (Alberta) – 107 kills
- David Bommersbach (Winnipeg) – 105 kills
- Tyler Schmidt (Mount Royal) – 102 kills
- Eli Risso (UBC Okanagan) – 79 digs
- Logan Brennan (Winnipeg) – 74 digs
- Derek Meeuwissee (Calgary) – 66 digs
- Brady Nault (Brandon) – 63 digs
- Blain Cranston (Calgary) – 62 digs