After helping her team to a 3-0 weekend, Utah’s Adora Anae earns VolleyMob Player of the Week honors. During the second week of play, Anae posted 44 kills for an average of 4.40 kills per set on a .241 hitting clip. In addition, Anae added three assists, two aces, 32 digs and six blocks to her tally.
The Utes began their weekend with South Dakota, running through them in straight sets, with Anae posting 12 kills on a .360 hitting percentage, one ace, seven digs and two block assists. In total, she scored 14 points in the win. Against Western Carolina, Anae posted 13 kills on a .235 hitting percentage, one assist, one ace, nine blocks and one block for a total of 14.5 points.
Anae helped the Utes to their first ever win over Hawaii with a double-double of 19 kills and 16 digs. She also added two assists and three blocks for 20.5 points scored in the match.
Kelli Bates (Wisconsin)
- Bates posted 38 kills on a .435 hitting clip for the week, while also picking up 22 digs
- Recorded a double-double of 11 kills and 10 digs against K-State
Abby Detering (Penn State)
- Detering helped the Nittany Lions to a win over #1 Stanford with a triple-double of 11 kills, 23 assists and 10 digs while also adding four blocks and a .455 hitting percentage
Mary-Kate Marshall (Oregon State)
- For the weekend, Marshall put down 47 kills, 23 digs, 6 blocks and 8 aces on a .333 hitting clip
- Produced a double-double of 13 kills and 10 digs against Fresno State
- Jocelyn Urias (Washington State)
- Veronica Jones-Perry (BYU)
- Jordan Poulter (Illinois)
- Lydia Dimke (Creighton)
- Tabitha Brown (Wichita State)
- Sierra Nobley (Boise State)
- Chiaka Ogbogu (Texas)
Previous VolleyMob Players of the Week
- Week 1 (Aug. 29) – Dana Rettke (Wisconsin)