• Heading into the final weekend of the season, three conference teams remain in the hunt for the Big Ten Championship. Nebraska is currently atop the Big Ten with a 17-1 conference record. Wisconsin (16-2) and Minnesota (15-3) also remain alive in the race for the conference. With two wins this weekend, the Cornhuskers can claim the outright Big Ten Championship.
• All 14 Big Ten volleyball teams continue conference play this week with
13 matches set to air on either BTN, BTN Plus and/or BTN2Go.
• Nebraska was unanimously voted No. 1 in the latest AVCA Volleyball Coaches Poll. Five additional Big Ten programs appear among the top 25:
No. 2 Minnesota, No. 3 Wisconsin, No. 14 Michigan State, No. 15 Penn State and No. 18 Michigan. Illinois, Ohio State and Purdue are receiving votes in the poll.
• Ten Big Ten volleyball teams are rated among the top 55 of the NCAA RPI: No. 1 Wisconsin, No. 3 Nebraska, No. 4 Minnesota, No. 14 Michigan State, No. 17 Michigan, No. 22 Purdue, No. 23 Penn State, No. 38 Ohio State, No. 50 Illinois and No. 55 Indiana.
• Nebraska and Minnesota are both ranked among the top five in the nation in hitting percentage. The Cornhuskers check in at No. 3, hitting at a clip of .300. The Golden Gophers are ranked fifth, with a team hitting mark of .296.
• Wisconsin’s Lauren Carlini is the NCAA active career leader in total assists with 5,289, while Minnesota’s Samantha Seliger-Swenson has averaged 11.67 assists per set throughout her career, which leads the nation among active players. Carlini ranks second with 11.47 assists per set throughout her career.
• Illinois’ Ali Bastianelli currently leads the nation with 1.81 blocks per set and 190 total blocks.
• Nebraska currently holds eight of the top 10, and 11 of the top 15, single-match attendance marks this season, eclipsing over 8,000 fans at the Bob Devaney Sports Center 11 times. Purdue has one mark among the top 15, drawing 8,240 patrons to Holloway Gymnasium against Indiana on Sept. 24.
• Michigan State currently ranks second in the country, averaging 2.02 service aces per set.
News courtesy of Big Ten.