Courtesy: Bowling Green State Athletics
BOWLING GREEN, Ohio – A historic night for The Bowling Green State University volleyball program. The Falcons defeated the Kent State Golden Flashes in four sets (3-1) on Saturday, Nov. 10 to earn back-to-back MAC Regular Season titles, and the No. 1 seed in the 2018 MAC Tournament. This is the first time the Falcons will enter the MAC Tournament as the No. 1 seed since 1992.
Historic night for BGVB. Here's a recap…
– Falcons Volley defeat Kent State in four sets (3-1)
– BG are MAC Regular Season Champions and will enter the MAC tournament as the No. 1 seed!
– Kallie Seimet becomes all-time digs leader after posting 30 digs vs. the Golden Flashes pic.twitter.com/Lg6GTveggf
— BGSU Volleyball (@BGSUVolleyball) November 11, 2018
Additionally, Kallie Seimet posted 30 digs against Kent State to surpass Chelsey Meeks (2,287 digs) as BGSU’s all-time leader with an updated total of 2,300 career digs.
At 21 digs into the match, Kallie Seimet reaches 2,290 career digs as a Falcon, and surpasses Chelsey Meek (2,287) as the all-time digs leader at BGSU! 🏐🐐#ROLLALONG #AYZIGGY pic.twitter.com/dg1RxRRUya
— BGSU Volleyball (@BGSUVolleyball) November 10, 2018
Set #1: 25-21 Set #2: 20-25 Set #3: 25-14 Set #4: 25-15
COACH TOMIC QUOTE
“I am incredibly proud of our team for winning another MAC Regular Season Championship. Our goal was to play our best volleyball at the end of the season when it matter the most, and the last two weekends playing on the road showed our depth, poise, warrior spirit, and pure grit.
We have a special team culture where individuals have surrendered ‘I’ for ‘we’, where our players play for each other, and for something bigger than themselves. When you have all that you know you’ve created a championship culture and mindset.
We will enjoy this milestone we reached today for a day or two. We will then go back to the gym and get ready for the MAC Tournament where we will hopefully reach another milestone we set for ourselves.”
• The Falcons went on multiple scoring runs in the first set to ultimately carry a four-point lead into the set finale, 25-21. Kallie Seimet needed at least 19 digs against the Golden Flashes to become BGSU’s all-time digs leader; Kallie posted 13 digs in the first set alone.
• The Falcons as a team posted a digs per set average of 24.5, having posted 98 digs in four sets. Kent State finished with a digs per set average of 21.5.
• The Golden Flashes improved defensively in the second set. Kent State held the Falcons to an average of .125 in hitting efficiency, and claimed the set with a score of 25-20.
•The Falcons were dominant in the third and fourth set. Bowling Green defeated the Golden Flashes by at least 10 points in both sets.
• Bowling Green’s hitting efficiency jumped to .316 in the third set, and .256 in the fourth set.
• Isabel Kovacic led the Falcon’s attack with 15 kills. Jessi Holly (14) and Katelyn Meyer (11) contributed a combined total of 25 kills.
• Kallie Seimet finished with a high digs per set average of 7.5. The libero had posted 30 digs throughout four sets.
• Isabelle Marciniak earned her 10th double of the season. The setter finished with 31 assists, 10 digs, and two kills.
The Falcons will enter the 2018 MAC Tournament as the No.1 seed. The MAC Tournament will take place from Thursday, Nov. 15 to Sunday Nov. 18.