Press Release courtesy of BYU Athletics
No. 7 BYU men’s volleyball hits the road for the second-consecutive week, traveling to both No. 10 Grand Canyon and Concordia Irvine for the first time in program history on Thursday and Saturday.
No. 10 Grand Canyon
- BYU (8-4, 1-0 MPSF) will compete against Grand Canyon Thursday, Feb. 15, at 6 p.m. MST at GCU Arena.
- This will be the first meeting all-time between the two schools.
- The Antelopes are off to an 11-3 (1-1 MPSF) start to the 2018 season, falling only to ranked opponents Hawai’i, UC Irvine and UCLA.
- This will be the only match of the year played at GCU Arena instead of Antelope Gym due to the expected turnout of BYU fans.
- The Cougars will finish up the week playing at UC Arena Saturday, Feb. 17, at 1 p.m. PST.
- This is just the second meeting all-time between the two schools.
- BYU won the only other matchup last season in Provo in three sets.
- The Eagles are 4-5 (0-2 MPSF) so far this year, falling last week to UCLA and Pepperdine in conference play, but they picked up a nonconference win against UC San Diego.
The Cougars’ first match against the Antelopes will be streamed live on YouTube. Live stats will be available for both matches on the BYU men’s volleyball schedule page.