After a disappointing loss in the semi-finals of the last club season, German club Dresdner SC is looking to build a strong, competitive roster for the 2017-18 season. Before their early exit in last season’s semifinals, Dresdner had been the reigning German national champion for three straight seasons. Head coach Alexander Waibl is determined to return his team to the top of the German league, knowing a talented roster will help him achieve that goal. Former Stanford All-American setter Madi Bugg is signed on to play for the club this coming season.
The most recent addition to Dresdner’s roster is Dutch national team member Marrit Jasper, who comes to the team from one of their Bundesliga rivals, VfB Suhl Lotto Thüringen. Jasper signed a one-year deal and is expected to play back row for the German team.
Though listed on FIVB’s website as a wing spiker, Jasper stands only at 5 foot 9, fairly undersized for an outside hitter in international and professional volleyball. She has been playing in reserve, in the back row, for the Dutch in the World Grand Prix.
Jasper is the twelfth member of Dresdner SC’s 2017/18 roster.
Incomplete Dresdner SC roster for 2017/18 season:
- Liberos: Michelle Petter (GER), Myrthe Schoot (NED)
- Middle Blockers: Ivana Mrdak (SRB), Saśa Planinšec (SLO), Barbara Wezorke (GER)
- Opposite: Piia Korhonen (FIN)
- Outside Hitters: Eva Hodanová (CZE), Marrit Jasper (NED), Katharina Schwabe (GER), Dominika Strumilo (BEL)
- Setters: Mareen Apitz (GER), Madi Bugg (USA)