2018 CEV CHAMPIONS LEAGUE – MEN
- October 4, 2017 – May 13, 2018
- CEV Champions Cup
- Third Round
- Event Page
- Round Three Home Match Results
The away matches of the 2018 CEV Men’s Champions League have ended with eight teams advancing on to the fourth round of the competition.
The third round consisted of two matches between the teams that were paired to play together, with the outright winners moving on. Two matches came down to the wire with golden sets needing to be played. Spacer’s Toulouse VB and Ford Store Levoranta Sastamala each won their golden set to advance.
Away Match Score
- Lokomotiv Novosibirsk def. ACH Volley Ljubljana 3-0, (25-20, 25-22, 25-18)
Lokomotiv defeated ACH Volley in a series sweep that featured Gyorgy Grozer with a match-best 19 points in the win.
- Sir Safety Conad Perugia def. Shakhtior Soligorsk 3-0, (25-15, 25-16, 25-19)
Sir Safety rolled to victory over Shakhtior in straight sets that took just over an hour to complete. Aaron Russell led the way with 13 points while Alexander Berger recorded another 10 in the win.
- Fenerbahce SK Istanbul def. Posojilnica AICH/DOB 3-0, (25-22, 25-16, 26-24)
Fenerbahce held on to take the third round series over Posojilnica in a sweep. Alen Sket was the top-scorer of the match with 14 points while Metin Toy and Jurii Gladyr added another 13 and 12 points, respectively.
- Jastrzebski Wegiel def. Omonia Nicosia 3-0, (25-17, 25-19, 25-16)
Jastrzebski downed Omonia in three sets to move on to the fourth round of the Champions League. Damian Boruch led the way for the winning side with 11 points.
- Spacer’s Toulouse VB def. Vojvodina NS Seme Novi Sad 3-1, (20-25, 25-22, 25-19, 25-23) Golden Set: 15-10
Spacer’s won their match over Vojvodina in four which forced a golden set because Vojvodina won the first round match of the series. Spacers came out strong in the golden set to take the victory 15-10. Leading the way was Andre J. Villena with 33 points while Luka Basic and Diogenes Zagonel each posted another 17 points in the win.
- Noliko Maaseik def. Abiant Groningen 3-0, (25-21, 25-17, 25-23)
It was a quick three-set win for Noliko over Abiant to advance to the next stage of the competition. Leading the team was Jolan Cox with a match-best 20 points on 17 kills.
- Vfb Friedrichshafen def. Neftohimic 2010 Burgas 3-0, (25-12, 25-21, 25-20)
VfB Friedrichshafen took down Neftohimic in straight sets to advance to the fourth round of the Champions League. David Sossenheimer led the winning side’s scoring with 13 points.
- Ford Store Levoranta Sastamala def. Jihostroj Seske Budejovice 3-1, (25-21, 25-17, 18-25, 25-20) Golden Set: 15-12
Jihostroj fought their way to a four-set win over Levoranta which forced a golden set to be played but could not handle the test, with Levoranta taking the win 15-12 in the deciding set. Urpo Sivula led the winning side with 21 points while Olli Kunnari and Erik Sundberg each added another 17 and 12 points in the win, respectively.