Courtesy: Mountain West Conference
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. – UNLV’s Mariena Hayden was selected as the Mountain West Offensive Player of the Week, while Wyoming’s Reed Copeland earned the MW Defensive Player of the Week for action through Sept. 8. It’s the second time that Copeland has earned the weekly recognition and the first time for Hayden.’
Take a look as the MWN's @_CassieSoto showcases this week's @MountainWest Women's Volleyball Players of the Week! #MWVB pic.twitter.com/kxcMqUu7wN
— Mountain West (@MountainWest) September 10, 2018
OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
MARIENA HAYDEN, UNLV
Sophomore, Outside Hitter, Belle Plaine, Minnesota / Belle Plaine HS
- The MVP of the Rebel Challenge, Hayden led UNLV to a three-win weekend with victories over Fordham, Cal State Fullerton and Eastern Kentucky.
- She recorded 49 kills, 16 aces and added 26 digs during the weekend. Her performance versus Fordham included a double-double (17 kills-13 digs).
- In a pair of sweeps against Cal State Fullerton and Eastern Kentucky, Hayden notched 32 kills and added 11 aces combined.
- During the weekend, the sophomore averaged 4.90 kills per set and 2.60 digs per set.
ICYMI: @Marienahayden was named the @MW_OlySports Offensive Player of the Week after her MVP performance at the Rebel Challenge last weekend! #UNLVvball 🏐 #BEaREBEL
📄: https://t.co/T2TIc1FyWe pic.twitter.com/YAhuc5jEsu
— UNLV Volleyball (@UNLVvball) September 10, 2018
DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
REED COPELAND, WYOMING
Senior, Middle Blocker, Federal Way, Washington / Todd Beamer HS
- Competing in the UniWyo Invite, the Cowgirls won three matches against Binghamton, Arizona State and Murray State.
- During the weekend, Copeland registered 28 blocks.
- Recorded her first double-double of the season against Arizona State with 11 blocks and 11 kills.
- She added 24 kills on 48 total attacks, hitting at a .438 clip during the weekend. She notched four digs on her way to being added to the UniWyo Invitational All-Tournament team.
Congrats to @reedalea who has been named @MountainWest Defensive Player of the Week! https://t.co/rx16FIHHgu#OneWyoming #GoWyo pic.twitter.com/ViEhp0R2C6
— Wyoming Cowgirl Volleyball (@WYO_Volleyball) September 10, 2018
2018 Mountain West Women’s Volleyball Offensive Players of the Week
Aug. 27 – Jackie McBride, So., MB, Wyoming
Sept. 3 – Kayla Afoa, So., OH, Nevada
Sept. 10 – Mariena Hayden, So., OH, UNLV
2018 Mountain West Women’s Volleyball Defensive Players of the Week
Aug. 27 – Reagan Leonard, So., L, Fresno State
Sept. 3 – Jessica Donahue, Fr., MB, Boise State
Sept. 10 – Reed Copeland, Sr., MB, Wyoming