COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. – Wyoming’s Jackie McBride earned Mountain West Women’s Volleyball Offensive Player of the Week honors, while San Diego State’s Deja Harris garnered the MW Defensive Player of the Week award for contests through Oct. 7. This is the second time in McBride’s career she has earned the award, while Harris is being recognized for the third time in her career and first time defensively.
OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
JACKIE MCBRIDE, WYOMING
Sophomore, Middle Blocker, Aurora, Colorado / Rangeview HS
- In two Conference victories against Colorado State and Air Force, McBride tallied 23 kills on 48 attempts and recorded a .354 attack percentage for the week.
- The sophomore was a block short of a double-double versus Colorado State when she registered nine blocks (three solo) and 10 kills.
- Against Air Force, she posted five kills in the fourth set to help the Cowgirls edge the Falcons 25-23, forcing a fifth frame.
- During the weekend, McBride averaged 2.56 kills per set, 1.56 blocks per set, 1.00 digs per set and 3.56 points per set.
- McBride is one of five Wyoming student-athletes this season to post at least 135 kills.
Congrats to @Jackie_McBride_
on being named MW Offensive Player of the Week for the second time this season! 🤠
📝 https://t.co/rezQUz9B9e#OneWyoming #GoWyo pic.twitter.com/nvuYxlWMw4
— Wyoming Cowgirl Volleyball (@WYO_Volleyball) October 8, 2018
DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
DEJA HARRIS, SAN DIEGO STATE
Senior, Middle Blocker, Las Vegas, Nevada / Calvary Chapel HS
- Led San Diego State to three wins, including a nonconference victory against (RV) San Diego and a pair of Mountain West wins versus Boise State and Utah State.
- During the week, Harris posted a 1.77 blocks per set mark and helped the Aztecs out-block their opponents 37.5-18.
- San Diego State held its opponents to a .172 attack percentage, due in large part to Harris’ 23 total blocks.
- She tallied eight blocks a piece versus Utah State and Boise State and aided the offense with 33 kills during the two league contests.
- San Diego State snapped a five-game losing streak against (RV) San Diego with its 3-0 victory. The Aztecs swept USD for the first time since 1999 and notched their first win against them since 2012.
Congratulations to our own Deja Harris for winning Mountain West Defensive Player of the Week!
Read more: https://t.co/AbncdoqVVK#GoAztecs pic.twitter.com/WsxkGvq5zC
— SDSU Volleyball (@SDSUvolleyball) October 8, 2018
2018 Offensive Players of the Week
Aug. 27 – Jackie McBride, So., MB, Wyoming
Sept. 3 – Kayla Afoa, So., OH, Nevada
Sept. 10 – Mariena Hayden, So., OH, UNLV
Sept. 17 – Mariena Hayden, So., OH, UNLV
Sept. 24 – Mariena Hayden, So., OH, UNLV
Oct. 1 – Victoria Spragg, Sr., MB, New Mexico
Oct. 8 – Jackie McBride, So., MB, Wyoming
2018 Defensive Players of the Week
Aug. 27 – Reagan Leonard, So., L, Fresno State
Sept. 3 – Jessica Donahue, Fr., MB, Boise State
Sept. 10 – Reed Copeland, Sr., MB, Wyoming
Sept. 17 – Elsa Descamps, Sr., MB, UNLV
Sept. 24 – Reed Copeland, Sr., MB, Wyoming
Oct. 1 – Reagan Leonard, So., L/DS, Fresno State
Oct. 8 – Deja Harris, Sr., MB, San Diego State