GOPHER FALL CLASSIC
- Maturi Pavilion, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Sept. 13-15, 2018
The finale of the Gopher Fall Classic between #8 Minnesota and Kansas State was cancelled Saturday evening due to unusually warm and extreme conditions inside Maturi Pavilion, which made the match unplayable by the university’s playing standards. The match will not be rescheduled.
- Minnesota 1-0
- Kansas State 1-0
- Green Bay 0-2
#8 Minnesota def. Green Bay 3-0 (25-18, 25-15, 25-22)
- Box Score / Minnesota Recap / Green Bay Recap
- The Gophers bested the Phoenix in every statistical category: kills (44-33), hitting efficiency (.248 to .119), aces (4-2), blocks (8-6) and digs (61-56).
- Alexis Hart led the Gophers with 13 kills on a .440 hitting effort.
- Four players turned in two blocks: Hart, Samantha Seliger-Swenson, Adanna Rollins and Regan Pittman.
- Taylor Wolf and Jessica Wolf turned in 10 kills apiece to pace Green Bay.
- Vanessa Buman pulled up a match-high 18 digs for the Phoenix.
KANSAS STATE DEF. GREEN BAY 3-1 (25-21, 25-15, 23-25, 25-12)
- Box score/Kansas State Recap/Green Bay Recap
- Outside hitter Kylee Zumach paced Kansas State with 20 kills while hitting a career-high .513 on the attack.
- Middle blocker Macy Flowers was a force for the Wildcats at the net, tallying eight blocks.
- Setter Taylor Wolf led Green Bay with 15 kills.
#8 MINNESOTA VS. KANSAS STATE – cancelled
- #8 Minnesota will open Big Ten play Wednesday at 9 p.m. ET against #7 Penn State.
- Kansas State will open Big 12 play on Wednesday at home against #4 Texas. The match is slated for 7 p.m. ET.
- Green Bay plays at Northern Kentucky on Friday at 6 p.m. ET to open Horizon League action.