- Lincoln, Nebraska
- Sept. 14-15, 2018
Nebraska extended its win streak to nine matches with a crushing sweep of Missouri State on Saturday night. New Mexico grabbed its first win of the tournament in a five-setter against Central Michigan earlier in the day.
- Nebraska 3-0
- Missouri State 2-1
- New Mexico 1-2
- Central Michigan 0-3
New Mexico def. Central Michigan 3-2 (25-21, 17-25, 25-12, 17-25, 15-7)
- New Mexico moves to 6-6, Central Michigan falls to 3-9
- Box Score
- New Mexico Recap / Central Michigan Recap
- Thirty-seven errors plagued Central Michigan in the loss and despite outdoing New Mexico in kills (52-44), the team hit just .097.
- The Lobos boasted a slight edge in aces (7-6) and blocks (9-8), and limited their errors to 21 in the match for a .161 hitting effort.
- Lauren Twitty paced the Lobos with a match-high 17 kills, while also adding seven digs, three blocks and an ace.
- Mariessa Carrasco led the way at the net with 13 blocks, while Carly Beddingfield added eight putaways and eight blocks.
- Three CMU players posted double-digit kill tallies: Lyza Myers (16), Kalina Smith (13) and Jayla Wesley (10). Myers also added six digs and a team-best three aces. Myers and Wesley put up four blocks apiece.
- Setter Grace Butler notched a 36-assist, 10-dig double-double for the Chippewas.
- The Lobos jumped out to a 5-1 lead in Set 5 before the Chippewas tied it up at 5. New Mexico cruised to the win after that with a final 10-2 push.
Nebraska def. Missouri State 3-0 (25-19, 25-12, 25-4)
- Nebraska moves to 9-1; Missouri State falls to 7-6
- Box Score
- Nebraska Recap / Missouri State Recap
- The four points allowed in Set 3 is the fewest allowed by the Huskers since Aug. 30, 2013 when the team defeated Louisiana-Monroe 25-11, 25-21, 25-4.
- Nebraska hit at a .500 clip, including an errorless .696 effort in Set 3 (16-0-23). Missouri State hit -.011 for the match, including a -.148 effort in Set 3.
- The Huskers more than doubled the Bears’ offensive output (46-20) and outblocked them 13-2. Missouri State outserved Nebraska 4-3 in aces.
- Mikaela Foecke and Lauren Stivrins notched 11 kills apiece, while Lexi Sun (9) and Jazz Sweet (8) followed. Stivrins hit at a team-best .714 clip (11-1-14).
- Callie Schwarzenbach put up a team-best eight blocks, while Sweet added five.
- Ashley Ophoven and Amelia Flynn put down six kills apiece to lead Missouri State. Ophoven hit at a .308 clip, while five other players hit .000 or in the negative percentage.
- Nebraska opened Set 3 on an 11-1 run. Missouri State called timeout and got a kill, but the Huskers added two more 5-0 runs and finished the set with four straight points. Stivrins notched four kills while three others posted three putaways in the stanza.