Missouri Valley Conference Roundup
- October 5-6, 2018
Since entering Missouri Valley Conference play UNI, which is receiving votes in this week’s VolleyMob power rankings, has been on a roll. The Panthers are a perfect 6-0 in conference play, followed by Valparaiso and Illinois State, which stand at 5-1.
Panthers move to 6-0 in the MVC after defeating Bradley 3-1. Kendyl Sorge's 20 digs moves her into 2nd all-time with 2003 career digs. Come out Monday night as the Panthers take on the Purple Aces of Evansville at 7 p.m. pic.twitter.com/bplkrjg6NR
— UNIVolleyball (@UNIVolleyball) October 7, 2018
Evansville def. Southern Illinois 3-0 (27-25, 25-18, 25-13)
Valparaiso def. Loyola 3-2 (19-25, 23-25, 25-19, 25-22, 15-12)
Missouri State def. Indiana State 3-1 (24-26, 25-22, 25-19, 25-20)
RV UNI def. Illinois State 3-0 (25-19, 26-24, 25-12)
Drake def. Bradley 3-1 (24-26, 25-20, 25-11, 25-15)
- Madeline Williams registered a career-high .524 attack percentage and a season-high 7 blocks in Indiana State’s loss to Missouri State.
- Indiana State’s Melina Tedrow registered her first career double-double (35 assists, 18 digs).
- The Sycamores won their first set against Missouri State since 2015. The Bears lead the all-time series 64-1.
- With its 5-set win over Loyola, Valparaiso joined the 2004 team as the only ones in program history to start the season 18-3. The 2018 Crusader squad is one of 2 teams nationally with 18 wins this year (Stephen F. Austin).
- Loyola’s Quinn Spieker posted a career-high 22 kills in its loss to Valparaiso.
- Gabi Maciagowski of Valparaiso reached the 1,000-career kills mark on Friday in Valparaiso, Ind.
- Missouri State’s Cambree Villarreal registered a career-high 18 kills against Indiana State Friday.
- Grace Schofield of Drake registered a career-high 19 kills and season-high 19 digs against Bradley.
- Yavianliz Rosado surpassed the 1,000-career digs mark with 27 against Drake. She is the 17th player in Bradley history to reach the milestone.
Missouri State def. Evansville 3-2 (21-25, 25-23, 25-17, 21-25, 15-7)
RV UNI def. Bradley 3-1 (22-25, 25-11, 25-17, 25-13)
Illinois State def. Drake 3-1 (25-19, 25-22, 27-29, 25-20)
Indiana State def. Southern Illinois 3-0 (35-33, 25-20, 25-23)
- Southern Illinois setter Marissa Rossi tallied her first career kill against Indiana State, while also distributing a career-high 21 assists and 7 digs.
- Lindsey Paulsen and Paige Yoder each tallied career-high kill totals against Indiana State with 5 and 6, respectively.
- Kaylee Martin of Illinois State notched a career-high 20 kills against Drake.
- Drake’s Cathryn Cheek matched her career-high for the 3rd time with 21 kills against Illinois State. She also tallied 18 digs for her 2nd double-double in a row.
- Amelia Flynn matched a Missouri State freshman record with 26 kills against Evansville Saturday.
- Kendyl Sorge of UNI moved into second place all-time in career digs with 2,003. She is 1 of 3 players in Panther volleyball history to notch 2,000 career digs.
- Indiana State swept Southern Illinois for the first time since the 2001 season.
|Monday, Oct. 8||Evansville at UNI||Cedar Falls, Iowa||7 p.m.|
|Indiana State at Drake||Des Moines, Iowa||6 p.m.|