Courtesy: Penn State Athletics
UNIVERSITY PARK, Pa. – Redshirt senior Nia Reed takes us inside her hidden talent of painting and how it has helped her bond with her younger sister.
VolleyMob Notes About Reed:
- Reed is a redshirt senior outside hitter from Fort Lee, New Jersey.
- In 2018, she has downed 162 kills (3.24 per set) and added 35 total blocks (0.70 per set), while hitting at a .268 clip. The 162 putaways rank third on the team behind Taylor Leath (176) and Jonni Parker (174), but her 3.24 kills per set tally leads the team.
- In Big Ten play, Reed has managed 86 kills, second on the team, while doing so at a team-leading 3.31 kills per set average.
- Reed has played in 16 matches in 2018, managing double-digit kills in nine of them, including each of the last five. She notched a team and career-high 20 putaways in the team’s five set win over Nebraska on Oct. 13.
- Among Big Ten players, Reed ranks 12th in kills per set (3.24). In conference play, she checks in at 13th in the category (3.31).
- Reed has managed 241 kills, 61 blocks and 41 digs, while hitting .255 in her Nittany Lion career.
Penn State is 17-3 on the season, including 8-2 in the Big Ten. The team is on an eight-match win streak heading into Week 10 road matches against Indiana and Purdue.