Courtesy: Pittsburgh Athletics
PITTSBURGH – To close the regular season, the No. 10 Pitt volleyball team (23-1, 11-1 ACC) will move down the road to host Georgia Tech (15-10, 4-8 ACC) in a match dubbed “Party at The Pete” at Petersen Events Center Wednesday, Nov. 21, at 7 p.m.
“We’ve had a lot of ‘firsts’ this season as a program, including our highest ever rankings and our highest single-match attendance,” head coach Dan Fisher said. “With that I’m excited to say that we’re going to host the first Pitt volleyball match held at Petersen Events Center. We look forward to a great game against Georgia Tech on November 21.”
· The Panthers will organize a food drive in coordination with Party at The Pete.
· Fans who attend the Duke match at Fitzgerald Field House (Nov. 11) will each receive a bag with a “Buy One, Get One Free” ticket coupon attached.
· Those who return the bag filled with non-perishable items at the Georgia Tech match at Petersen Events Center (Nov. 21) will receive the ticket discount.
· Party at The Pete will also serve as Western Pennsylvania Interscholastic Athletic League (WPIAL) night at Petersen Events Center.
· All WPIAL and youth teams are invited to join the Panthers at the match. Teams may register to attend the match FOR FREE by filling out a form on PittsburghPanthers.com.
· There will be a post-match autograph session with the Panthers.
Tickets for the match can be purchased by calling the Panthers’ Ticket Office at (800) 643-PITT (7488) or online at PittsburghPanthers.com.