2017 FIVB WORLD TOUR – THE HAGUE
- June 14-18
- Sportcampus Zuiderpark, The Hague, The Netherlands
- Event Site
- Men’s Teams
- Women’s Teams
The finals for the men’s side of the FIVB World League have been set in The Hague. The winner of the event will receive $10,000 to split out of the $150,000 purse prize for the three-start event.
- Paolo Nicolai/Daniele Lupo (ITA) def. Clemens Doppler/Alexander Horst (AUT) 2-0, (21-19, 21-14)
- Pablo Herrera/Adrian Gavira (ESP) def. Sam Pedlow/Sam Schachter (CAN) 2-0, (21-15, 21-19)
- Nico Beeler/Marco Krattiger (SUI) def. Pedro Solberg/Gustavo Carvalhaes (BRA) 2-1, (16-21, 21-14, 15-11)
- Nikita Liamin/Viacheslav Krasilnikov (RUS) def. Alexander Brouwer/Robert Meeuwsen (NED) 2-0, (21-16, 21-14)
After dominating the podium over the course of this year’s World Tour, no Brazilian teams extended their play past the quarterfinal round. Instead, Italy, Spain, Switzerland and Russia moved on to the semifinal round.
- Herrera/Gavira def. Nicolai/Lupo 2-0, (21-19, 21-16)
- Krasilnikov/Liamin def. Beeler/Krattiger 2-0, (21-18, 21-18)
Spain and Russia will highlight the men’s finals in The Hague. Herrera/Gavira swept their Italian opponents with ease, with Russia’s Krasilnikov/Liamin took down Beeler/Krattiger with consistency.
The Russian duo are now in their second straight finals match, after losing to Phil Dalhausser and Nick Lucena of the United States in Moscow.