FIVB WORLD BEACH TOUR – MOSCOW
Heading to the finals of the FIVB World Beach Tour event in Moscow are Phil Daulhausser and partner Nick Lucena, who are on a roll this season, after taking the first two AVP Tour events. The American pair has been around the block a few times, having years of experience under their belts, as compared to Viacheslav Krasilnikov/Nikita Liamin who are considered a newer Russian duo. Krasilnikov/Liamin have now made five international event appearances with 64 FIVB starts combines, while Dalhausser/Lucena have competed together in 22 FIVB events with a total of 193 World Tour events combined.
This is just this third time in the history of FIVB World Tour events that an American duo will face a Russian pair for the finals.
- Viacheslav Krasilnikov/Nikita Liamin (RUS) def. Maciej Rudol/Jakub Szalankiewicz (POL) 2-0, (21-18, 21-15)
- Aleksandrs Samoilovs/Janis Smedins (LAT) def. Bruno Schmidt/Alison Cerutti (BRA) 2-1, (18-21, 22-20, 15-12)
- Phil Dalhausser/Nick Lucena (USA) def. Michal Bryl/Grzegorz Fijalek (POL) 2-1, (21-19, 18-21, 15-8)
- Oleg Stoyanovskiy/Artem Yarzutkin (RUS) def. Pablo Herrera/Adrian Gavira (ESP) 2-0, (21-16, 21-18)
- Viacheslav Krasilnikov/Nikita Liamin (RUS) def. Aleksandrs Samoilovs/Janis Smedins (LAT) 2-0, (21-14, 21-17)
- Phil Dalhausser/Nick Lucena (USA) def. Oleg Stoyanovskiy/Artem Yarzutkin (RUS) 2-0, (21-14, 21-17)
Both semifinals matches were easily taken by the victors, each coming out with the same scores on their routes to the finals of the tournament.