FIVB WORLD BEACH TOUR – MOSCOW
The second day of play of the FIVB World Tour event in Moscow has come to a close, with eight teams advancing onward to the quarterfinals of the competition.
See Friday’s men’s results below:
In no surprise, many top teams are advancing on to the quarterfinals of the tournament. Bruno Schmidt/Alison Cerutti will move on as will the American duo of Phil Dalhausser and Nick Lucena, both easily sweeping their opponents.
The Latvian pair of Aleksandrs Samoilovs/Janis Smedins were able to take down USA’s Theo Brunner and Casey Patterson in three sets, 2-1, (30-32, 21-14, 15-10). The first set was a real burner for both squads, as it extended past the point regulation of 21 by 11 points.
Teams advancing to the quarterfinals:
- Bruno Schmidt/Alison Cerutti of Brazil
- Phil Dalhausser/Nick Lucena of USA
- Aleksandrs Samoilovs/Janis Smedins of Latvia
- Pablo Herrera/Adrian Gavira of Spain
- Michal Bryl/Grzegorz Fijalek of Poland
- Maciej Rudol/Jakub Szalankiewicz of Poland
- Viacheslav Krasilnikov/Nikita Liamin of Russia
- Oleg Stoyanovskiy/Artem Yarzutkin of Russia
The quarterfinals will begin tomorrow, along with the semifinal matches. The finals will be held on Sunday.