The FIVB athletes’ commission recently met in Luasanne, Switzerland to discuss certain changes moving forward in the new year, however the above video shows that when they weren’t making decisions on behalf of the sport, they were, well, playing volleyball.
And no, they weren’t on the court. They were in the office, clad in suits and professional clothing, yet somehow found their way into an office volleyball game. Watch in the above video as some of the most important figures in volleyball have some fun with a volleyball in the board room.
There were plenty different meetings going on over the past few weeks in Switzerland at the FIVB headquarters, the most recent of which was the athletes’ commission on January 30th.
Prior to that meeting the Legal Commission met on January 24th, the Communication commission on January 25th, the Development Commission on January 26th, and the medical commission on January 27th.
While there have already been plenty of meetings, there are still a few more meetings scheduled on the FIVB calendar. On February 14th the Technical and Coaching Commission will meet. On February 16-17 the Sports Events Council will meet. On February 20-21 the Beach Volleyball Commission will meet and finally the finance commission will meet on April 6th.
There are several remaining FIVB Commissions and Councils meetings in 2017:
- Legal Commission: January 24th
- Communication Commission: January 25th
- Development Commission: January 26th
- Medical Commission: January 27th
- Athletes’ Commission: January 30th
- Technical and Coaching Commission: February 14th
- Sports Events Council: February 16-17
- Beach Volleyball Commission: February 20-21
- Finance Commission: April 6