Both undefeated teams in NCAA Division I Women’s Volleyball remained that way in week 6 of the 2018 season, as Pitt and BYU each went 2-0 last week.
Pitt got over a big hurdle with a 3-1 win over Syracuse team that proved how dangerous they were when they came from 0-2 down to beat Iowa State 3-2 in mid-September. The loss was Syracuse’s first in ACC play this season. The Panthers also swept a much-improved Boston College team.
The team is now 18-0, which improves their previous best start of 13-0 from 1975. The path forward stays tough for Pitt, who now heads south to play UNC on Friday and NC State on Sunday in North Carolina, before playing 2017 conference co-champions Louisville next week at home. They also picked up a non-conference win against North Dakota on Tuesday.
BYU knocked off San Diego, who advanced to the 2nd round of last year’s NCAA tournament; and Portland, who were undefeated in non-conference play, but are 2-4 in the WCC so far.
The Cougars should easily move through next week against USF and Santa Clara, who have combined for 1 win in the conference so far this season, before a huge week against Loyola Marymount and Pepperdine, who rank 3rd and 2nd in the conference so far this season
Pitt’s Upcoming Schedule:
- October 12th – @North Carolina
- October 14th – @NC State
- October 19th – vs. Notre Dame
- October 21st – vs. Louisville
- October 26th – vs. Wake Forest
- October 28th – vs. Duke
- November 2nd – vs. Georgia Tech
- November 4th – vs. Clemson
BYU’s Upcoming Schedule:
- October 11th – @San Francisco
- October 13th – @Santa Clara
- October 18th – vs. Loyola Marymount
- October 20th – vs. Pepperdine
- October 25th – @Portland
- October 27th – @Gonzaga
- November 2nd -vs. San Diego
- November 8th – vs. Santa Clara
- November 10th – vs. San Francisco