No. 3 BYU men’s volleyball hosts Princeton on Tuesday before facing off against No. 1 Long Beach State for a pairFriday and Saturday night.
The Tigers (9-8, 6-3 Eastern Intercollegiate Volleyball Association) are the last nonconference opponent on the Cougars’ (19-2, 13-1 Mountain Pacific Sports Federation) schedule. The two-match series against the 49ers (21-2, 14-1 MPSF) will be the final regular-season home matches of the season. Additionally, Saturday’s match will also be senior night. The seniors will be honored prior to the start of the match.
- BYU will compete against Princeton Tuesday, March 21, at7 p.m. MDT.
- The Cougars lead the overall series history 1-0, having picked up the sweep on the road last year in the first all-time meeting.
- The Tigers split their two matches last week, falling in three at NJIT before collecting a sweep at home against Coker.
- Princeton is currently tied with NJIT for third place in its league, just behind Penn State and Sacred Heart.
No. 1 Long Beach State
- BYU faces Long Beach State Friday, March 24, at 7 p.m. MDT and Saturday, March 25, at 8 p.m. MDT.
- The Cougars lead the series history 31-22 all-time and are 17-7 when playing the 49ers at home.
- BYU won the last matchup in the 2016 NCAA Tournament in four sets, but split the regular-season series on the road.
- Long Beach State is on a 14-match win streak, compared to the Cougars’ 13-match streak. The 49ers last lost on the road to the defending national champions Ohio State.
All three matches this week will be televised live on BYUtv and simulcast on BYU Radio – Sirius XM 143. Links to video/audio streams and live stats can be found on the BYU men’s volleyball schedule page.
News courtesy of BYU Athletics.