2016 FIVB BEACH VOLLEYBALL WORLD TOUR FINALS
- September 14th-18th, 2016
- Toronto, Canada
- Tournament Central
- Live Stream
- VolleyMob Bracket Breakdown
The 2016 FIVB World Tour Finals will award $500,000 in prize money, with $250,000 awarded among the participants of each gender.
Like last year, the winning team for each gender will split $100,000 in prize money, with the runners-up getting $50,000 and 3rd-place finishers getting $20,000.
This is a final payday of the 2016 World Tour series that will see almost $9 million in total prize money paid out.
2016 FIVB World Tour Finals Prize Money (per gender):
- Champions – $100,000 per team
- 2nd Place – $50,000 per team
- 3rd place – $20,000 per team
- 4th place – $14,000 per team
- 5th place x4 (losers of quarterinfal matches) – $9,000 per team
- 9th place x4 (losers of round of 16 matches) – $7,500 per team
The tournament format will see four pools of three teams each. The winner of each pool goes directly to the quarterfinals of a single-elimination bracket, while 2nd and 3rd place finishers in pools will play a “round of 16” matchup, with the winner advancing to the quarterfinals.
Thus, by way of winning the Canadian play-in matchup today, Heather Bansley and Brandie Wilkerson guaranteed themselves a minimum of $7,500 in prize money
Pool Winners Process
- In each pool match, a winning team gets 2 points, a losing team gets 1 point, and a forfeited team gets 0 points.
- The team with the most points at the end of the 3 matches in each pool wins the pool.
- If there’s a tie (barring forfeits, this happens if all three teams in a pool go 1-1-1), the tie is broken by using the rally point ratio of all matches played within the pool. If there is still a tie, that tie will be broken by the draw.