BIG 12 ROUNDUP
- September 29, 2018
- #6 Texas def. West Virginia 3-0
- TCU def. Kansas State 3-1
With just two matches in the Big 12 Saturday, both road teams went home victorious. In the early match, #6 Texas rolled past West Virginia in three sets. This evening in Manhattan, Kansas, it was TCU picking up the four set win over Kansas State, keeping the Wildcats winless in conference play.
*MATCH OF THE NIGHT*
TCU DEF. KANSAS STATE 3-1 (25-22, 18-25, 25-12, 25-22)
- TCU moves to 10-4, 2-1; Kansas State falls to 10-5, 0-4 in the Big 12.
- Ahearn Field House, Manhattan, Kansas
- Box score/Kansas State Recap/TCU Recap
- Outside hitter Elan McCall led TCU with 21 kills while middle blocker Anna Walsh registered 16 kills.
- Outside hitter Lexie Maclean led the defensive effort for the Horned Frogs as she finished with 17 digs.
- Opposite hitter Gloria Mutiri led the host Wildcats offensively, finishing with 12 kills while hitting .290. Middle blocker Peyton Williams had a nice nice for Kansas State as well, chipping in with 11 kills and hitting. 490.
- TCU won the attack battle, 58 to 47 in kills and .224 to .220 in hitting percentage.
- Kansas State continued its slide, dropping its fourth straight match since starting Big 12 play.
TCU picked up a four set road win over Kansas State, keeping the Wildcats winless in the Big 12.
The Horned Frogs were the aggressor in the opening set, as they jumped out to a 19-15 lead. But Kansas State rallied to tie the match at 20, before a late spurt gave TCU the first set, 25-22.
Kansas State responded in the second by taking the first three points and building an 11-point lead at 17-6. The Wildcats stayed aggressive and held off TCU, 25-18 to even the match.
TCU then had the answer in the third. The Horned Frogs used an 8-2 spurt to grab a 16-10 lead. TCU kept up the pressure, as it ran away with the third set, 25-12.
S3: McCall puts down the 🔨 for back-to-back kills as #TCUVB takes the 2-1 lead with the 25-12 win!#GoFrogs #EyesOnTheRise pic.twitter.com/cczpSxbRSh
— TCU Volleyball (@TCUvolleyball) September 30, 2018
TCU took the lead at 14-13 in the fourth and never relinquished it. The Horned Frogs were able to counter a Kansas State rally and hold off the Wildcats, 25-22 in the fourth.
#6 TEXAS DEF. WEST VIRGINIA 3-0 (25-18, 25-15, 25-19)
- Texas improves to 8-3, 3-0; West Virginia slips to 8-8, 1-3 in the Big 12.
- WVU Coliseum, Morgantown, West Virginia
- Box score/Texas Recap/West Virginia Recap
- Outside hitter Micaya White and middle blocker Brionne Butler led the Texas attack in Morgantown. White finished with 14 kills and hit .435 while Butler tallied 10 kills, six digs, five blocks and hit .533 for the Longhorns.
- Texas hit .386 as a team while limiting West Virginia to .149.
- The Longhorns move to 13-0 all-time against the Mountaineers.
- Outside hitter Kristen Lux was a bright spot for the Mountaineers, as she finished with a team-high 11 kills against the Big 12’s top team.
Butler has her 6th kill and Texas leads, 20-11 in the second set. #PointTexas 🤘 pic.twitter.com/c2W8eUmEJS
— Texas Volleyball (@TexasVolleyball) September 29, 2018
- #6 Texas heads to Fort Worth to take on TCU at 9 p.m. ET Wednesday.
- West Virginia hits the road for a battle with Kansas at 8:30 p.m. ET Wednesday.
- Kansas State heads to Lubbock for a matchup with Texas Tech at 7 p.m. Wednesday.
- Keep up to date on when your program is on TV by checking out VolleyMob’s TV Schedule.