- Sept. 19, 2018
- Colorado def. #25 Utah 3-2
- #2 Stanford def. Cal 3-0
- #10 USC def. #15 3-0
*MATCH OF THE NIGHT*
COLORADO DEF #25 UTAH 3-2 (21-25, 25-21, 13-25, 25-18, 15-13)
- Colorado improves to 9-3, 1-0. Utah falls to 8-4, 0-1.
- CU Events Center, Boulder, Colorado
- Attendance: 883
- Box Score/Utah Recap/Colorado Recap
- Utah outside hitter Dani Drews finished with a match-high 20 kills. Colorado outside hitter Alexa Smith led the Buffs with 15.
- Colorado extended its winning streak to six straight matches despite hitting just .161 as a team and committing 27 attack errors.
The visiting Utes jumped out to the early advantage in the match, claiming the first set, 25-21. Utah used a 5-1 spurt to close out the Buffaloes in the stanza.
In the second, it was Colorado that took the lead early in the set and held on to even the match at a set apiece.
Utah dominated the third set with an 11-2 run to put the Utes up big before closing out Colorado, 25-13. Colorado returned the favor in the fourth, as it used a 9-2 eruption to take control of the set and even the match once again.
In the decisive fifth set, Utah was two points away from the match at 13-11 when Colorado used a 4-0 surge, aided by an ace and a pair of kills, to put away the Utes and start off Pac-12 play with a win.
Match point for @CUBuffsVB as they knock off No. 23 Utah in 5️⃣ tonight! They host No. 14 USC at 1 pm on Sunday #GoBuffs pic.twitter.com/RRpZaox5l5
— Colorado Buffaloes (@cubuffs) September 20, 2018
#2 STANFORD DEF. CAL 3-0 (25-16, 25-23, 25-14)
- Stanford improves to 9-2, 1-0. Cal drops to 8-4, 0-1.
- Haas Pavilion, Berkeley, California
- Attendance: 2,239
- Box score/Stanford Recap/Cal Recap
- Outside hitter Kathryn Plummer led the Cardinal attack with 14 kills. Outside Mima Kirkovic was tops among the Bears with 11 kills and eight digs.
- The Cardinal, which have now won 13 straight matches against Cal, hit .382 as a team in the match, while keeping the Bears to a .151 clip.
#10 USC DEF. #15 UCLA 3-0 (25-21, 25-8, 29-27)
- USC improves to 9-3, 1-0. UCLA stumbles to 5-3, 0-1.
- Galen Center, Los Angeles, California
- Attendance: 2,992
- Box score/USC Recap/UCLA Recap/ VolleyMob Recap
- Emily Baptista led the way for the Trojans, tallying 15 kills.
- #2 Stanford hosts Arizona at 3 p.m. ET Sunday.
- Cal will meet Arizona State at 5 p.m. ET Sunday.
- Colorado welcomes #10 USC to the CU Events Center at 3 p.m. ET Sunday.
- #25 Utah takes on #15 UCLA at 9 p.m. ET Friday.
- Be sure to follow the Pac-12 all season long and take a peak at VolleyMob’s 2018 match TV schedule to find out when your favorite programs are in action.