2017 AVP TOUR – MANHATTAN BEACH OPEN
Eight men’s and women’s pair advance to the main draw of the AVP Tour event in Manhattan Beach following the qualification tournament. The Manhattan Beach Open in the second Gold Series event on the AVP Tour, which will include a larger payout for the winning pair and more points to the Tour total.
- Lara Dykstra/Jace Pardon
- Brittany Howard/Corinne Quiggle
- Aurora Davis/Bree Scarbrough
- Terese Cannon/Nicolette Martin
- Summer Nash/Majo Orellana
- Karissa Cook/Katie Spieler
- Bre Moreland/Allie Wheeler
- Priscella Piantadosi-Lima/Brittany Tiegs
These eight teams advance through three rounds of play in the qualification tournament and move on to the main draw of the tournament. Of these teams, Nash/Orellana had the biggest upset of the day, taking down Skylar Caputo and Sarah Pavan in a tight three set match 2-1, (19-21, 21-17, 16-14).
- Michael Brunsting/Jeff Samuels
- David Smith/Nathan Yang
- Abel Gustafson/Garrett Wilson
- Troy Field/Orlando Irizarry
- Dave McKienzie/Ian Sarrerfield
- Kyle Friend/Myles Muagututia
- Paul Lotman/Gabriel Ospina
- Art Barron/Tim May
After coming in as the #31 qualifying team, Gustafson/Wilson were able to take down #12 John Hamilton/Christian Honer in a two-set match 2-0, (21-17, 21-13) to advance to the main draw. There they meet Billy Allen/Stafford Slick, who come into the main draw as the #2 ranked team in the tournament.