Courtesy: Mountain West Conference
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. – The Mountain West Conference announced today that Colorado State’s Paulina Hougaard-Jensen and Fresno State’s Haile Watson have been selected as the MW Offensive and Defensive Player of the Week, respectively, for action through Oct. 14. It’s the first time Watson has garnered the weekly recognition, while Hougaard-Jensen is being honored for the second time in her career, first offensively.
OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
PAULINA HOUGAARD-JENSEN, COLORADO STATE
Junior, Middle Blocker, Copenhagen, Denmark / Falkonergaardens Gymnasium & HF
- Tallied 27 kills in a pair of league victories against Boise State (3-0) and Utah State (3-0) to help the Rams remain tied for second place in the Conference standings.
- Had a career night in Moby Arena against Utah State as she led the Rams with a career-high 16 kills, while also hitting at a career record .727 (16-0-22).
- Versus Boise State, the Denmark native notched 11 kills and two blocks.
- Averaged 4.50 kills per set and 1.17 blocks per set during the week.
DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
HAILE WATSON, FRESNO STATE
Senior, Middle Blocker, Coeur d’Alene, Idaho / Eastern Washington
- Led the Bulldogs to a pair of league victories against New Mexico and UNLV, while recording 10 blocks.
- Fresno State held its opponents to a .164 hitting percentage during the weekend, and Watson notched 1.43 blocks per set.
- Had a match-high six blocks in just three sets against New Mexico as the ‘Dogs held the Lobos to a .118 hitting percentage.
- She was second on the team with nine kills, while hitting .389 in the sweep of New Mexico.
- Watson led the ‘Dogs with four blocks in the win over UNLV and had four kills hitting .375 in the 3-1 win.
- Had one solo block and nine block assists for the week.
Committed just three attack errors in 26 attacks for the week.