Courtesy: Mississippi State Athletics
STARKVILLE, Miss. – Paige Shaw has earned many awards and has enjoyed numerous accomplishments as a high school volleyball standout. Now, she hopes to carry that same success over to the collegiate level.
Wednesday, the Hoover, Ala., standout signed with Julie Darty‘s Mississippi State Bulldogs and will be an outside hitter for the 2018 season.
“Paige is one of those people that you are drawn to,” Darty said. “She is such a hard worker, a well-respected young lady and just a tremendous person. She is one of those model student-athletes that you know will immediately help on the court and off.
“Paige is willing to work hard in everything she does, and we will definitely feel her impact on our program here for the next four years. Paige will come into Newell-Grissom and leave her mark on this program. She is a powerful, dominant attacker but she is a steady well-rounded player who plays the game in a very smart way. I can’t wait to see what Paige does from day one.”
The remainder of this year’s singing class will be released at a later date.
Paige Shaw, 6-0, Outside Hitter from Hoover, Ala.
“I chose Mississippi State because the coaching staff and players are very welcoming and there is a great family atmosphere within Starkville with people who genuinely will care about you,” Shaw said. “I am very blessed to be able to begin this journey as a Bulldog and compete with this team. I know I will enjoy playing in this conference with great competition.” – Paige Shaw
High School / Club
- Helped lead Hoover to a combined record of 95-27 in three seasons.
Hoover won three area titles and advanced to the Alabama state tournament in all three of her seasons.
- Led Hoover to the 2016 AHSAA Class 7A state championship match.
Her 2015 and 2016 squads advanced to the AHSAA Class 7A state quarterfinal round (Elite Eight).
- Prior to the 2017 season, Shaw was named to the AL.com A-List as one of the state’s top-10 players.
- Rated the No. 1 player on the AL.com A-List.
- During her senior season, she led her team in kills.
- During her junior season in 2016, she tallied 495 kills, 93 blocks, 313 digs and 67 service aces. She also led the team in kills that season.
- In 2017, she was named to the AL.com Birmingham All-Region Team.
- Played club volleyball for Southern Performance where she helped lead her team to the 17U AAU National Championship
- Born July 29, 2000 in Montgomery, Ala.
- Parents are Ira and Kristie Shaw
- Has five siblings, LaRique Edwards, Kelsey Murrell, Kendra Murrell, Faith Shaw and Kylie Shaw.
- Mother, Kristie, played volleyball at West Alabama from 1989-1992.
- Father, Ira, played football at West Alabama from 1988-1992.
- Majoring in sport studies