Nominations for the 2018 AVCA All-American Volleyball Program, as well as the 2018 Watch List, have been released. Nominations must be received, both through the AVCA website and MaxPreps.com, by October 15th to be considered.
To be nominated, athletes must be in their senior year of high school and be nominated by their coach. Statistics for nominated athletes must be uploaded through MaxPreps as well. Being on the watch list doesn’t automatically nominate an athlete.
Teams will be announced on October 13th, and those selected will be invited to Minneapolis for the December 14th Under Armour Match and Skills Competition. The event will be held in the Target Center on the off day between the semi-finals and finals of the 2018 NCAA Volleyball Championships.
Here are the steps to complete the MaxPreps portion:
- Go to http://www.maxpreps.com/national/volleyball.htm
- Click on “Sign In” and enter your email address and password
- Once you are signed in, hover your mouse over your name to click the link for your team’s admin
- In the admin, click on the ‘AVCA Award Nomination’ under the ‘Utilities’ tab
- It is also located on the left under “Team Admin Tools”
- Click “Nominate” next to your eligible senior athletes.
- Please Note: If the “Nominate” button is not available for an athlete it can be that she does not meet the 2/3 teams sets played requirement or her stats are entered incorrectly. MaxPreps requires that stats be entered Match-By-Match in order for your athletes to qualify. Enter whole season stats to the current date will not suffice.
AVCA COACH OF THE YEAR
Nominations for AVCA Coach of the Year are also open. 2 selected coaches will be invited to attend the AVCA Convention and coach in the All-American Match.
CLICK HERE TO NOMINATE FOR AVCA COACH OF THE YEAR.
All-American Watch List
There are already more than 950 athletes on the All-America Watch List. Texas and California lead the way, as usual, with 103 and 64 players on the watch list, respectively.
Click here to see the watch list.
Leave a Reply