KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Nada Meawad of Park (Mo.) has been named the NAIA National Women’s Volleyball Attacker of the Week, Alyssa Rupert of Milligan (Tenn.) has been named the NAIA National Women’s Volleyball Defender of the Week and Danna Gomes of Park has been named the NAIA National Volleyball Setter of the Week, the national office announced Tuesday. The trio was selected based on their performances from Aug. 27 – Sept. 2 and were chosen out of a pool of conference and Association of Independent Institution winners.
Attacker of the Week
Nada Meawad, Park
6-0, SO, OH, Cairo, Egypt
- Meawad led her team to five straight 3-0 victories during the last week. Three of those wins were over Top 25 teams: No. 4 Viterbo (Wis.), No. 1 Lindsey Wilson (Ky.) and No. 22 Indiana Wesleyan. The sophomore tallied double digits kills in all five matches. Four of the five matches she recorded double-doubles against MidAmerica Nazarene (Kan.) (13 kills, 10 digs), Viterbo (13 kills, 13 digs), Lindsey Wilson (11 kills, 10 digs) and Indiana Wesleyan (14 kills, 1 digs).
- Weekly Stats
- 62 kills, 4.13 kills/set
- 0.329 attack percentage
- Also added 49 digs and seven block assists to her stat line
- Named MVP of the Hampton Inn Classic
Nada Meawad and Danna Gomes Named @NAIA National Women's Volleyball Players of the Week! #ParkU
– https://t.co/kk9HYvXZin pic.twitter.com/VTQdkihGDc
— Park Pirates (@ParkPirates) September 4, 2018
Defender of the Week
Alyssa Rupert, Milligan
5-6, SR, DS, Kingsport, Tenn.
- Rupert was named to the Milligan Mountain Madness All-Tournament team as she recorded 25 or more digs in each of the five matches she competed last week.
- Weekly Stats
- 162 digs
- 8.10 digs/set
- 0.967 reception percentage, recorded only three reception errors on 92 total attempts
- 0.986 service percentage
Rupert earns national honor #BuffNation🏐👊🔥 https://t.co/PVTTq5yUUa
— Milligan Athletics (@MilliganBuffs) September 4, 2018
Setter of the Week
Danna Gomes, Park
5-9, SR, S, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Gomes directed the Pirates offense as the team went undefeated last week with match totals of 33 assist and up. Three of the teams five wins were over Top 25 teams: No. 4 Viterbo (Wis.), No. 1 Lindsey Wilson (Ky.) and No. 22 Indiana Wesleyan. The senior notched two double-doubles against Lindsey Wilson (36 assists, 18 digs) and Indiana Wesleyan (44 assists, 12 digs).
- Weekly Stats
- 192 assists
- 12.80 assists/set
- 49 digs, 3.27 average
- Also added six aces and nine kills to her stat line
Attacker of the Week Nominees: Elise Gregory, Milligan (Tenn.); Violeti Faleumu, Benedictine Mesa (Ariz.); Taylor Ristvedt, Southern Oregon; Brooklyn Withey, St. Francis (Ill.); Sydney Ritz, Spring Arbor (Mich.); Daniella Russell, Rocky Mountain (Mont.); Jackie Stein, Arizona Christian; Rebecca Frick, Dakota Wesleyan (S.D.); Carolyne Edwards, Tougaloo (Miss.); Gabby Hickman, Culver-Stockton (Mo.); Ashley Pyeatt, Crowley’s Ridge (Ark.); Lexi Kite, McPherson (Kan.); Sarah Cruz, Lindsey Wilson (Ky.); Shayla Scanlan, Bellevue (Neb.) ; Bresha Orange, St. Thomas (Texas); Ashley Taylor, Point Park (Pa.); Kali Shaw, SAGU (Texas); Mirella Gatterdam, Mobile (Ala.); Avery Bradshaw, Southeastern (Fla.); Jordan Aylward, Indiana Tech
Defender of the Week Nominees: Celina Monteiro, Park (Mo.); Caitlan Sammons, Benedictine Mesa (Ariz.); Makayla Hoyt, Southern Oregon; Caitlin Alwine, Calumet (Ind.); Megan Hawley, Marian (Ind.); Dylan Fowler, Montana Western; Moea Kekauoha, Menlo (Calif.); Sara Herman, Dakota Wesleyan (S.D.); Vivica Price-Spraggins, Xavier (La.); Ashley Miller, William Penn (Iowa); Jamie Siess, McPherson (Kan.); Tara Routliffe, Cumberlands (Ky.); Jayden Warner, Mayville State (N.D.); Elizabeth Olivarez, Our Lady of the Lake (Texas); Ashlee Simpson, Midway (Ky.); Celi Bruce, SAGU (Texas) ; Hayley Brisendine, Martin Methodist (Tenn.); Andrea Lorenz, Warner (Fla.); Bianca Negron, Siena Heights (Mich.)
Setter of the Week Nominees: Kellee Geren, Milligan (Tenn.); Audrey Baldwin, Embry-Riddle (Ariz.); Sierra Wolff, Evergreen (Wash.); Alexis Engst, St. Francis (Ill.); Madi Heffron, Marian (Ind.); Mckenna Fink, Montana Western; Amy Buffham, Westmont (Calif.); Jessica Peters, Midland (Neb.); Eva Le Guillou, Xavier (La.); Haley Smith, William Penn (Iowa); Jana Boston, Friends (Kan.); Paige Merrick, Campbellsville (Ky.); Olivia Galas, Bellevue (Neb.); Alexia Souza, Wiley (Texas); Konstantina Pateli, WVU Tech; Sophia Ivy, SAGU (Texas); Victoria Songe, Mobile (Ala.); Courtney Krause, Southeastern (Fla.); Carrigan Gray, Siena Heights (Mich.)