- Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Sept. 14-15, 2018
Hurricane Florence shook up the weekend plans for undefeated Pittsburgh, keeping the Panthers home for a tournament, instead of travelling to Conway, South Carolina, for the Coastal Carolina Classic.
The Panthers welcomed College of Charleston, High Point and Liberty for a five-match affair.
Pitt moved to 11-0 with victories over College of Charleston and High Point.
- Pitt 2-0
- College of Charleston 2-1
- High Point 1-1
- Liberty 0-3
College of Charleston def. Liberty 3-1 (28-30, 26-24, 26-24, 25-14)
Pitt def. College of Charleston 3-1 (25-16, 25-19, 22-25, 25-11)
High Point def. Liberty 3-0 (25-19, 25-20, 25-21)
College of Charleston def. Liberty 3-1 (25-15, 22-25, 25-21, 25-23)
Pitt vs. High Point (25-21, 25-19, 18-25, 25-22)
- Box Score / Pitt Recap / High Point Recap
- With two victories Pitt moves to 11-0, its best start since 1983 (12-0).
- Pitt’s Kayla Lund notched a career high 23 kills in the Panthers’ 3-1 win over CofC on Friday. Lund added 14 kills, nine digs and four aces in the team’s Saturday win over High Point.
- Saturday’s finale between Pitt and High Point could not have been closer statistically. The Panthers edged their foes 55-51 in kills, and .246 to .237 in hitting efficiency. High Point countered with a 7-3 lead in blocks. Both teams managed eight aces.
- College of Charleston’s Devon Rachel notched a 21-kill, 13-dig double-double in Saturday’s match against Liberty to surpass the 1,000 kill milestone for her career. She is the 18th player in program history to reach 1000.
- CofC’s Allison Beckman dished out 57 assists in the match to surpass 4,000 helpers for her career, becoming just the fourth player to do so.
- College of Charleston and Liberty played three extended sets on Friday marking the first time since Sept. 7, 2012 that the Flames had done so. In that match, Liberty bested Kent State 28-26, 26-24, 25-27, 17-25, 15-11.