2017 FIVB MEN’S CLUB VOLLEYBALL WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS
- December 11-17, 2017
- Opole, Lodz, Krakow Poland
- Tournament Central
The 2017 FIVB Men’s Club World Championships are just weeks away with the top men’s club teams set to compete in a six-day showing in Poland. This is the 13th time that the competition has been held and the first time it will take place in Poland, with Brazil, Qatar and Italy holding the tournament prior.
- Sarmayeh Bank Teheran VC (Iran) – AVC Club Championship winner
- Zenit Kazan (Russia) – CEV Club Championship winner
- Sada Cruzeiro Volei (Brazil) – CSV Championship winner
- ZAKSA Kedzierzyn-Kozle (Poland) – Host League Champion
- Cucine Lube Civitanova (Italy) – League Champion from the top country in the FIVB Rankings as of Dec. 31, 2016, not yet qualified
- Club Ciudad de Bolivar (Argentina) – League Champion from the top country in the FIVB Rankings as of Dec. 31, 2016, not yet qualified
- SKRA Belchatow (Poland) – Wild Card
- Shanghai Volleyball Club (China) – Wild Card
Sada Cruzeiro Volei out of Brazil will try to reclaim the title in this edition as they start out with Italian champions Cucine Lube Civitanova. Zenit Kazan returns to the field as well, as they are undoubtedly the best team in Russia and Europe – though their 4 match win streak in the Russian men’s league was put to a stop last week.
The competition will begin on December 11 and run through the 17th when the new champion will be crowned.