Courtesy: Pac-12 Conference
The Pac-12 Conference tabbed USC rookie Brooke Botkin as its Offensive Player of the Week, while Oregon State’s Grace Massey was named tops on defense and USC’s Raquel Lazaro was dubbed best rookie.
Offensive Player of the Week
Brooke Botkin, SO, USC (Pearland, Texas.)
4.33 kps, .248 pct., 2.82 dps, 0.08 bps, 4.6 pps
• Powered USC to three wins including two over ranked opponents – No. 5 Kentucky (3-1) and No. 13 Creighton (3-2), while also adding a sweep over Northern Iowa.
• Set career highs of 25 kills and 27 points against Creighton, and matched career highs of 57 attacks and 12 digs.
• Opened her collgiate career with 19 kills in a 3-1 win over the Wildcats, adding 11 digs.
• Recorded two double-doubles this weekend, reaching double-digit digs in all three matches.
• It is the first weekly honor for Botkin and the 75th all-time for USC.
📰 #USCWVB NEWS
Congrats to @BotkinBrooke (Pac-12 Offensive Player of the Week) and @RaquelitaLC (Freshman of the Week) on their @Pac12 honors! First-time #Pac12VB awards for both Women of Troy! #FightOn ✌️🏐https://t.co/9C636MBTxM
— USC Women's Volleyball (@uscwomensvolley) August 27, 2018
Defensive Player of the Week
Grace Massey, SO, Oregon State, DS (Beaverton, Ore.)
4.33 dps, 0.07 kps, 0.3 pps
• Named as co-MVP at the Iowa State Challenge, a rarity for a libero, after leading the Beavers to a 2-1 record, all of which were decided in five sets.
• Had over 20 digs in the first two matches of the season, registering 22 digs in a season-opening win vs. Virginia, followed by 28 in a loss to Mississippi. Also had a pair of aces against the Cavaliers.
• Solid passing and 15 digs helped the Beavers to upset #21 Iowa State in Ames.
• Third-career defensive player of the week honor for Massey, and the 31st all-time weekly nod for OSU.
Congrats to Grace Massey! She's been named as the Pac-12 Defensive Player of the Week! Article: https://t.co/n4Wx1JJs4I #GoBeavs pic.twitter.com/eAq90mBtyS
— Oregon State Volleyball (@BeaverVBall) August 27, 2018
Freshman of the Week
Raquel Lazaro, FR, USC (Cordoba, Spain)
11.57 aps, 2.67 dps, 0.67 bps
• In her first-collegiate matches (and first time playing in the U.S.), led the Trojans to three wins and the Trojan Invitational title.
• Defeated No. 5 Kentucky (3-1) in her first-ever college match, and helped USC beat Northern Iowa (3-0) and No. 13 Creighton (3-2).
• Her 55 assists against The Wildcats were the highest single-match total by a Trojan since 2012 (Hayley Crone).
• Recorded her first-career double-double with 53 assists and 22 digs in win over the Bluejays.
• Guided USC to a .248 hitting percentage across the three matches with 175 kills.
• 15th all-time freshman of the week honor for the Trojans.
Offensive: Kendra Dahlke, ARIZ; Ivana Jeremic, ASU; Mima Mirkovic, CAL; Justine Spann, COLO; Willow Johnson, ORE; Maddie Goings, OSU; Meghan McClure, STAN; Jenny Moser, UCLA; Lauga Gauta, UTAH; Kara Bajema, WASH; Taylor Mims, WSU.
Defensive: Devyn Cross, ARIZ; Rachel W Brooke Nuneviller, ORE; Morgan Hentz, STAN; Zana Muno, UCLA; Brianna Doehrmann, UTAH; Avie Niece, WASH; Alexis Dirige, WSU.
Freshman: Jade Blevins, CAL; Danielle Price, COLO; Brooke Nuneviller, ORE; Lindsey Schell, OSU; Holly Campbell, STAN; Devon Chang, UCLA; Phoebe Grace, UTAH; Ella May Powell, WASH.