The FIVB Men’s World Championships in Italy and Bulgaria are set to begin this September, with the organization looking for volunteers from September 19 to 23 in Milan.
After filling out the form, send that and your curriculum vitae to [email protected]
The full World Championships take place from September 9 to 30, with multiple locations around both Bulgaria and Italy. In total, there are 24 teams that will compete, with four pools of six teams. All 24 teams in the competition have qualified through various events over the past year, with Italy, Bulgaria and Poland earning automatic bids as hosts and Poland for being the defending champion.
- Hosts: Italy, Bulgaria
- Defending Champion: Poland
- Europe: France, the Netherlands, Slovenia, Russia, Serbia, Finland, Belgium
- Asia: Japan, Australia, Iran, China
- South America: Argentina, Brazil
- NORCECA: USA, Dominican Republic, Canada, Puerto Rico, Cuba
- Africa: Tunisia, Egypt, Cameroon
The first round matches, which features a round-robin tournament within each pool to determine the second round teams.
The World Championships is a tournament that takes place once every four years and is an outlier to determine the best of the best men’s teams at the mid-way point between Olympic cycles.