Thirteen teams dropped out of the USA Today Super 25 Expert Rankings from Week 1 to Week 2.
Louisville, Kentucky’s Assumption High School remained at No. 1 after posting an 11-0 mark. Mater Dei from Santa Ana, California moved up from four to two in the latest rankings with an 8-2 record. The two squads were the only teams to remain among the Top 5.
Rounding out the Top 5 are: Marist (Chicago, Illinois), Reagan (San Antonio, Texas) and Eagan (Eagan, Minnesota). Marist is new to the Top 25 earning its position with a win over previously ranked No. 5 Minooka (Minooka, Illinois), which fell to No. 24 with a 5-1 mark on opening weekend. Reagan moved up from 10 to 4 and Eagan jumped nine spots from 14 to 5.
Previous No. 2 Hebron and No. 3 Skutt Catholic dropped out of the Top 25.
Week 2 Girls Rankings
- Assumption – Louisville, Kentucky
- Mater Dei – Santa Ana, California
- Marist – Chicago, Illinois
- Reagan – San Antonio, Texas
- Eagan – Eagan, Minnesota
- Southlake Carroll – Southlake, Texas
- PM Dorman – Roebuck, South Carolina
- Zionsville – Zionsville, Indiana
- Papillion-LaVista South – Papillion, Nebraska
- Poly-Long Beach – Long Beach, California
- St. Joseph’s Academy – St. Louis, Missouri
- O’Connor – Helotes, Texas
- Bishop Moore Catholic – Orlando, Florida
- Olathe Northwest – Olathe, Kansas
- Redondo – Redondo Beach, California
- Divine Savior Holy Angels – Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Mercy – Louisville, Kentucky
- Lakeville North – Lakeville, Minnesota
- Corona del Sol – Tempe, Arizona
- Walton – Marietta, Georgia
- Fayetteville – Fayetteville, Arkansas
- Fossil Ridge – Fort Collins, Colorado
- Brecksville – Broadville Heights, Ohio
- Minooka – Minooka, Illinois
- Princess Anne – Virginia Beach, Virginia