Dates for the final round of the 2017 European Women’s Volleyball Championships have been confirmed for September 20th, 2017 through October 1st, 2017.
With all three rounds of qualifying completed earlier this year, there’s now a nearly-one-year lull, during the professional season, before pool play begins at the final in the co-hosting nations of Georgia and Azerbaijan.
While the dates and times of the pool games have not been confirmed, they will begin on September 20th and continue on until the championship match is played on October 1st in Baku’s National Gymnastics Arena. The arena, which will hosts Pools A and C of the tournament in addition to all knockout-round matches, seats up to 9,000 spectators, but has never hosted volleyball before.
- Pool A in Baku: Azerbaijan, Germany, Poland, Hungary
- Pool B in Tbilisi: Georgia, Italy, Croatia, Belarus
- Pool C in Baku: Russia, Turkey, Bulgaria, Ukraine
- Pool D in Ganja – Göygöl: Serbia, Netherlands, Belgium, Czech Republic
The winners of each of the four pools advance straight to the quarterfinals, whereas the 2nd and 3rd-placed teams in each group will advance to a play-in round of 16 game. Round of 16 games:
- 2nd Pool A vs 3rd Pool C
- 2nd Pool C vs. 3rd Pool A
- 2nd Pool B vs. 3rd Pool D
- 2nd Pool D vs. 3rd Pool B