2019 European Championship Final Qualifying Tournament – WOMEN
- August 15th, 2018-January 9th, 2019
- Home-and-home, double round robin
- Schedule & Standings
- Bookmark the VolleyMob Qualification Tournament landing page to keep up with the tournament
- Day 1
Only 4 games of action in Day 2 of Euro-W Qualifiers. Greece, Finland, Bosnia built on their Day-1 wins, Georgia bounced back from its loss, while Norway, Denmark, Czech Republic, and Latvia are still win-less. The surprise of the day came at the expense of the Czech Republic, favorite to win its pool, who succumbed for the second day in a row, this time to a Finnish team that is behind it 56 spots in FIVB’s senior rankings.
- Norway 0-3 Greece (20-25, 19-25, 16-25) – Pool C
- Denmark 1-3. Georgia 1-3 (25-21, 17-25, 18-25, 23-25) – Pool D
- Finland 3-2 Czech Republic 3-2 (19-25, 25-15, 21-25, 25-23, 15-18) – Pool E
- Bosnia Herzegovina 3-0 Latvia 3-0 (25-8, 25-16, 25-16) – Pool F
Best Performers of the Day
- Finland’s Pauliina Vilponen led the day’s scorer with a 27-point effort.
- Georgia’s Tinatin Tchautchidze scored 5 aces to lead the day.
- Finland’s Laura Philajamaki led the day’s blockers with 6 stuffs.
Monza’s Helena Havelkova had 21 points, albeit in 33% hitting. She had a target on her chest on the back-court, receiving 42/92 of her opponent’s services at a 29% efficiency rate.
Quote of the Day
Over 1200 enthusiastic Finnish fans witnessed its home team, ranked 79th in FIVB Senior Rankings, outclass the Czech Republic, ranked 23, in a thrilling 5 set win. According to coach Tapio Kangasniemi, his team was ready from the go:
“It was a busy night on the court and on the bench. We had a feeling already in the morning that we play to win. We had some trouble with the reception and also with the attacks as did the Czech team. We served better towards the end of the match and it was the key to the victory.”