“After the show it’s the afterparty,” and the unofficial afterparty for Saturday’s unbelievable NCAA men’s volleyball championship game will be the 2018 Southern California Indoor Volleyball Hall of Fame induction ceremony.
The 2nd class into the Hall of Fame will see 15 titans of Southern California volleyball go in, including John Speraw, who is coming fresh off his team’s participation in the incredible match on Saturday. See the full list of 15 inductees here.
In addition to those being inducted, a who’s-who of American volleyball will be in attendance. Thanks to both the men’s NCAA Volley Four this weekend at Pauley Pavilion and the FIVB/AVP final down the road in Huntington Beach, a lot of heavy hitters are in town this weekend. Included on the guest list:
- George Mulry, Executive Director of the International HOF in Holyoke;
- Mick Haley, 2000 Olympic Coach and former USC coach; Ruth Nelson, who coached Flo Hyman in college and been with the USA program;
- John Dunning, who coached UOP to 2 NCAA titles with Elaina Oden;
- Wade Gerard, who is head of MotorMVB, who is leading the movement to increase the men’s college game;
- Mike Gallups, head of American Sports Centers, the biggest volleyball playing facility in the country;
- Charlie Brande, long-time Orange County Club Coach and former college coach;
- Rudy Suwara, 1968 Olympian and college coach;
- Olympian Dan Greenbaum, who is a former USC setter;
- Tom Feuer, NBC Beach Volleyball Producer and former executive at Fox Sports;
- Current UOP women’s coach Greg Gibbons;
- New USC women’s coach Brent Couch;
- current USC men’s coach Jeff Nygaard;
- Dave DeGroot, former UCSB All-American setter and former California Women’s Head Coach to accept for his father;
- Nancy Cohen Fredgant, who was Pepperdine All-American;
- Beach hall of famer and being inducted next month into the Southern Calfornia Jewish Sports Hall of Fame.
The event will start around 5:30 Pacific Time with a cocktail hour before a dinner and inductees give their acceptance speeches. VolleyMob will be in attendance capturing all of the speeches and more, which will be available later this week.