Three players joined the 1,000 kill/1,000 dig club on Week 5 with Oregon’s Lindsey Vander Weide registering her 1,000th dig and Valparaiso’s Allison Ketcham and Katherine Carlson each posting her 1,000th kill.
Both Ketcham and Carlson reached their milestone 1,000th kill against Indiana State on Friday.
Vander Weide notched her 1,000th dig as part of a 22-kill, 28-dig double-double against No. 21 Washington on Sunday.
There are now 11 active members of the 1,000/1,000 club.
|Lindsey Vander Weide, Oregon||1,150||1014|
|Katherine Carlson, Valparaiso||1,019||1158|
|Allison Ketcham, Valparaiso||1,024||1646|
Four more players are on the cusp of the 1,000/1,000 club.
|Brenna McIlroy, Auburn||1,029||942|
|Devon Rachel, College of Charleston||1,008||929|
|Bryn Recker, James Madison||983||906|
|Hayley Dotseth, South Dakota||946||1054|
|Blessing Dunn, New Orleans||904||1108|
Eight players, including Ketcham and Carlson, notched their 1,000th career kill on Week 5, while 10 players, including Vander Weide joined the 1,000 digs club.
Newest 1,000 Kill Club Members
- 1,024 – Allison Ketcham, Valparaiso – joined the group with an 11-kill, 12-dig double-double vs. Indiana State on Friday.
- 1,020 – Torrey VanWinden, Cal Poly – registered 17 kills while hitting .500 in a sweep of Cal State Fullerton to reach the milestone.
- 1,019 – Katherine Carlson, Valparaiso – turned in 10 kills and 10 digs vs. Indiana State on Friday.
- 1,009 – Tabitha Brown, Wichita State – downed 10 kills in a sweep of Memphis on Sunday to reach 1,000.
- 1,008 – Colleen Reilly, Wofford – notched a team-leading 12 putaways against Samford on Saturday to surpass 1,000.
- 1,004 – Stephanie Williams, Pittsburgh – posted her 1000th kill with her final putaway of 13 against Virginia on Wednesday. She tacked on four more against Virginia Tech on Friday.
- 1,002 – Mikaela Nocetti, Sacramento State – busted through the 1,000-kill barrier with 17 putaways part of a double-double (with 10 digs) against Montana State on Saturday.
- 1,000 – Zhanelle Geathers, UT Arlington – became the 18th member of the Mavs’ 1,000th kill club with six putaways in the team’s win over Louisiana Monroe on Sunday.
Approaching 1,000 Kills
|Jacey Smith, Abilene Christian||998|
|Taylor Cunningham, Sam Houston State||996|
|Lauren Bruns, Dayton||992|
|Alyssa Enneking, Oklahoma||990|
|Abby Garrity, Idaho State||990|
|Bryn Recker, James Madison||983|
|Molly Livingston, High Point||982|
|Emily Hill, Texas Tech||980|
|Allie Barber, Marquette||977|
|Amanda Pedersen-Henry, Villanova||975|
|Midrelis Rodriguez, Evansville||972|
|Gabi Maciagowski, Loyola Chicago||972|
|Sara Dyslin, Jacksonville||971|
|Abigail Miksch, Air Force||968|
|Addison Kaderli, Charleston Southern||965|
|Kaela Straw, Idaho||964|
|Micaya White, Texas||958|
|Mckenna Woodford, Washington State||956|
|Julia Flynn, Bryant||954|
Newest 1,000 Dig Club Members
- 1,078 – Amanda Sanabia, St. John’s (N.Y.) – With a then career-high 32 digs against Xavier on Friday, Sanabia crossed the 1,000 dig plateau. She tacked on 31 more against Butler on Saturday and 34 more against Villanova on Tuesday.
- 1,036 – Angela McGownd, McNeese – notched her 1000th dig with 19 saves against Sam Houston State on Thursday. She has added 34 since, 24 vs. Abilene Christian on Saturday and 10 vs. Prairie View on Tuesday.
- 1,026 – Taylor Gill, Wofford – reached 1000 with 16 digs against Chattanooga on Friday. Shen then tacked on 22 against Samford on Saturday.
- 1,023 – Mady Ruhlman, Memphis – posted her 50th career double-figure dig match with 12 against Tulsa on Friday to reach 1,000. She then added 19 against Wichita State on Sunday.
- 1,021 – Hana Lishman, Pepperdine – with 11 against Portland on Thursday, the junior reached 1000. She then added nine against Gonzaga on Saturday and BYU on Tuesday.
- 1,014 – Lindsey Vander Weide, Oregon – notched 22 kills and a career-best 28 digs in the Ducks’ five-set win over No. 21 Washington on Sunday.
- 1,006 – Morgan Williams, Fordham – reached 1000 digs with 17 saves in the midst of her team’s record setting blocking effort against Rhode Island on Saturday.
- 1,005 – Giorgia Civita, Wichita State – posted her 1000th dig with a 29-dig haul against Memphis on Sunday becoming the 11th Shocker player to reach the milestone.
- 1,004 – Chelsea Doyle, UC Riverside – joined the 1000 dig club with 10 against Cal Poly on Saturday, part of her 12th double-double of the year (with 23 assists).
- 1,002 – Taylor Takeda, Butler – pulled up seven digs against St. John’s on Saturday to move past 1,000 digs.
Approaching 1,000 Digs
|Sarah Bell, Southern Miss||999|
|Kat Miller, Quinnipiac||997|
|Rylee Cookerly, Valparaiso||997|
|Mallory Rajewski, Eastern Michigan||993|
|Samantha Seliger-Swenson, Minnesota||984|
|Abby Ihrke, Bradley||975|
|Aniah Philo, Baylor||960|
|Jade Tingelhoff, Cincinnati||958|
|Megan Kern, Central Michigan||957|
|Allison Penner, UNC Greensboro||954|